Thread: Replaceing a already posted picture

Replaceing a already posted picture

Anyone know how to replace a picture on a post with a better version? I PM'd one of the admin's who was online yesterday but It seems they don't check their in box.
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

Tom,

You should be able to click the "Edit Post" button at the bottom of the post where the photo appears, delete the old photo, and then add the new photo.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Tom,

You should be able to click the "Edit Post" button at the bottom of the post where the photo appears, delete the old photo, and then add the new photo.
    No "Edit Post" button I can see! I know that option is only available for a few min's after the original post, then it goes away. At least it does for me.
    Are you able to edit posts?
    Tom

Tom,

We are looking into this. There may be some forum settings that need to be adjusted. We will get back to you.

Tony
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thank you Tony.
    Your the best!
    You know while your looking at settings, unless the powers to be are against it, it would be nice if add pictures to signature were enabled too!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Anyone know how to replace a picture on a post with a better version? I PM'd one of the admin's who was online yesterday but It seems they don't check their in box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Tom,

We are looking into this. There may be some forum settings that need to be adjusted. We will get back to you.

Tony
    Once you navigate away from the thread the edit post goes away. So far the settings only allow you to edit the post as you have just posted it, not later. Even the original threads I created I have no way to edit the OP. Tony, I was thinking it was an elaborate fix having user privileges associated with each post, but might be simpler as user profiles track the posts under the 'My activity' Tab. I thought it was an inherant thing to page design, but at least now its known to make improvements.

I just edited this one.. It's once someone posts another message, you cannot go correct earlier posts. Regardless of browser deleting cookies or history. That's when messages get locked.
    Last edited by MangoAve; 03-27-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks for this additional information, MangoAve. I think it's just a setting that needs to be adjusted by the forum owner/administrator. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.
    Lifetime totals:

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    I just edited this one.. It's once someone posts another message, you cannot go correct earlier posts. Regardless of browser deleting cookies or history. That's when messages get locked.
    The edit function has a settable time function restriction that can be adjusted or eliminated dependent on what the site owner or admin's decide is appropriate for their needs. I just want to give a replacement Picture to a admin who does not have that restriction and have them do it for me. I'm not trying to rock the boat. Just I have a better picture for one of my posts I'd like to use.
    Tom

Tom, there was a 5 minute limit set after we had some issues with some member. I'm not sure if we can individually set it for certain people. But we are re-examining the question. As far as replacing a picture for you, I can replace it, but I'm not sure if it can go in the same order of pictures if you have more than one. It may just automatically add it to the end of your pictures, but I can try it for you. You can always just add a post new reply with the new picture to your original post and I can grab it there and try inserting it for you.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Tom, there was a 5 minute limit set after we had some issues with some member. I'm not sure if we can individually set it for certain people. But we are re-examining the question. As far as replacing a picture for you, I can replace it, but I'm not sure if it can go in the same order of pictures if you have more than one. It may just automatically add it to the end of your pictures, but I can try it for you. You can always just add a post new reply with the new picture to your original post and I can grab it there and try inserting it for you.
    Thanks coinnut, I would like to do that however I can't as Tony Two-Cent closed the thread. So now I have no idea how I would be able to get the picture to you? If you would like to, please pm a email address and I'll send it to you. Otherwise it just seems this has got way too complicated. Heck it might be easier for me to just bring it over to you on a thumb drive as we live in the same state! LOL....
    Last edited by Tom; 03-27-2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: addl thought added
    Tom

Thanks coinnut, I would like to do that however I can't as Tony Two-Cent closed the thread. So now I have no idea how I would be able to get the picture to you? If you would like to, please pm a email address and I'll send it to you. Otherwise it just seems this has got way too complicated.
    I didn't realize it was to that thread - sorry. I'll pm you. Hang in there Tom.

I didn't realize it was to that thread - sorry. I'll pm you. Hang in there Tom.
    Thank you soooo much CoinNut. Great job.

Of course I should have expected you could do it, were both Sagittarius.
    Last edited by Tom; 03-27-2014 at 01:23 PM. Reason: because I could......
    Tom

Thank you soooo much CoinNut. Great job.

Of course I should have expected you could do it, were both Sagittarius.
    I hope I'm not the older one though

I hope I'm not the older one though
    Um, nope. That would be me, but not by much!
    Tom

Um, nope. That would be me, but not by much!
    Whew! Good deal