Thread: West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia Metal Detecting Club

West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia Metal Detecting Club

We just started a club "Tri State Metal Detecting" out of Martinsburg, WV for the WV, MD, VA area.

We're just getting off the ground and we're still organizing the club and getting established, but we'd love to have the input of anyone who's interested. I think it'd be great for everyone to be able to get together and pool resources and knowledge. We've already gained access to some great historic properties and plan to organize events and hunts. Our goal is to promote our club and hobby through an active membership having a positive impact on our communities.
    If your'e interested feel free to PM me or contact us through the FB page. Hope to hear from you.
    -Gary
    Last edited by GreenHat; 03-28-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Good luck and great success to your new club Gary Clubs can lead to good times and great friendships.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Good luck and great success to your new club Gary Clubs can lead to good times and great friendships.
    Thanks Coinnut.
    I think that has already begun. Met some great local guys and some great people that are letting us sweep their lands with gold finding machines. Several more contacted me today... looks like several people have been looking for a club for our area. Hope we can do some good for the hobby and our community.You ever make it down this way and you're guaranteed a membership and great hunt.. hell I'll even put you up in the guest quarters... well.. after a thorough background check.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHat View Post
    Thanks Coinnut.
    I think that has already begun. Met some great local guys and some great people that are letting us sweep their lands with gold finding machines. Several more contacted me today... looks like several people have been looking for a club for our area. Hope we can do some good for the hobby and our community.You ever make it down this way and you're guaranteed a membership and great hunt.. hell I'll even put you up in the guest quarters... well.. after a thorough background check.

Check away, I'm pretty boring. Thanks for the invite and I'm glad there is a lot of interest for a club. Sounds like it is long overdue!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Had our first organized Club Hunt today! All the current members were able to finally meet in person and we have some great guys in our ranks. We're already scheduling the next hunt and several members that live close to one another are planning on linking up on off weekends! We had a lot of fun and and besides me locking my keys in the trunk ... it was a great day!

I would be interested in joining the club. I'm located in Alexandria, VA
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by schatzle View Post
    I would be interested in joining the club. I'm located in Alexandria, VA
    Andrew
    Andrew,
    We'd love to have you. Click on the link to our FB page below. Catch up on the posts and current events and if you like what you see and would like to join hit the LIKE button, then contact us through the page and we'll go from there. Talk to you soon.
    Gary

Historic Artifact Recovery and Preservation Society (H.A.R.P.S.)

I liked the FB page last night.
    Andrew

Welcome to the club. I missed the hunt due to work but hope to make the next one.

Hi Greenhat,
    I like your member photo tag. I was a rigger assigned to 7th Group back in 1976/7. I grew up at Bragg. Now, I'm on disability and starting out in the hobby looking for a good steer. I'm going to be staying at my brother's house in Kearneysville, watching his dogs, the week of the 9th. I'll have nothing but free time and plan to go out every day. I'm looking for info on where it is safe to go without getting into trouble or causing a problem for other hobbyists. I'd like to join the club as well. I'll be in the WV/MD area quite a bit. If you could let me know what I need to do, I'd appreciate it. Any advice is welcome. Best Regards, Jim

How the Club going? Accepting newbe's?

Thanks Doc

For the benefit of anyone interested in the Club I have found out it has Disbanded.

Doc

Candidate Member
    Thanks Doc!