Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to site.

new to site.

Hi I'm rick thanks for having me. Anyone from long island area? Always looking for bud to take lead. I seem to only dig trash.

Welcome Rick, I'm from NE Massachusetts. Whatcha using for a detector(s)?
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

Hi Rick & Welcome from Northern Illinois.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

I use a Whites Coinmaster. I found that after getting P.Od' and throwing it in a brackish river a few times. It just won't die. So until then we are a pair. Also use a Accu-find pointer, seems to do an ok job. Nice softail by the way.

Thank you.

I have a coinmaster gt, nice detector. Will go a week on ones set of battery's! I enjoy the fatboy, you ride?
    Last edited by Tom; 03-29-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: addl thought added
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

Hello Rick , welcome to the forum. we do have a few really good members from the Long Island area , glad you join up .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I have a coinmaster gt, nice detector. Will go a week on ones set of battery's! I enjoy the fatboy, you ride?
    Been riding since I was 6 with mini bike. A half dozen others by 18. My first HD around then as well as first club. Just gave up a 09 rocker c. Should have kept my old 94 fat boy. Live and learn. Gave up a 3 pc patch for family, still hurts.

Thank you too. I hope to meet them also.

Veteran Member
    Welcome Rick and as you can see I'm from LI too. Been detecting less then a year and use a coinmaster gt with a garett pinpointer pro. Also ride have a 07 Goldwing. Do your research for places to hunt it does pay off. I find that you never know how an area will turn out on LI. I have found that the more you keep your coil to the soil the more surprising finds you will dig up. Good luck & HH.

Welcome aboard from western MA. I recommend patience with you machine I bought my younger brother a Coinmaster 2 (I think it was called) many years back. I didn't think it would find anything but he wanted to tag along with me when I detected. So we fired it up and swung it under a bush at our parents house. First target - solid hit - an 1864 2 cent piece Not bad for a cheapy machine. You will find some good coins and relics with your machine. Just try and get permission on some good, older houses to detect. I bet if that machine pops up a nice Barber quarter you will love it
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Welcome from western MA. Sounds like that coinmaster has been thru the ringer and it keeps on going, not bad. Looking forward to your future posts and hope you find a MD buddy out there on LI.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Hello Rick , welcome to the forum. we do have a few really good members from the Long Island area , glad you join up .

Dan
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Welcome from western MA. Sounds like that coinmaster has been thru the ringer and it keeps on going, not bad. Looking forward to your future posts and hope you find a MD buddy out there on LI.
    Thank you and Will Do.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewarpdigger View Post
    Welcome Rick and as you can see I'm from LI too. Been detecting less then a year and use a coinmaster gt with a garett pinpointer pro. Also ride have a 07 Goldwing. Do your research for places to hunt it does pay off. I find that you never know how an area will turn out on LI. I have found that the more you keep your coil to the soil the more surprising finds you will dig up. Good luck & HH.
    Must be nice to have "REVERSE".

Hi Joe Dirt here I am very new to the hobby also I had some beginners luck about a year and a half ago found some civil war stuff I have been laid up for a while hope to get out son maybe we can dig some time.

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    Hi Joe Dirt here I am very new to the hobby also I had some beginners luck about a year and a half ago found some civil war stuff I have been laid up for a while hope to get out son maybe we can dig some time.
    Absolutely! Write me and we'll talk.

Welcome from the hills of WV.

Welcome from Georgia. My name is Kasey, and I'm somewhat new at detecting, having started in November. But totally and helplessly hooked. I love this forum and it's members, who are absolutely worth signing on the PC daily, when I'm not out swinging and ringing!

Welcome from Washington state. Don't let the trash discourage you; everyone digs a lot of it. Doing homework on the history of a potential site can help narrow the search area to the better targets. In any case, have fun!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.