$1.04
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Congrats on your finds, Nice ring
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Good haul you got there

Always nice to get out and hunt. What is the big coin? The ring looks like a mother's ring, with stones matching the family's birthstones. Looks plated, so I would guess a kid bought it for her.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Always nice to get out and hunt. What is the big coin? The ring looks like a mother's ring, with stones matching the family's birthstones. Looks plated, so I would guess a kid bought it for her.
    The big coin I can tell is a JFK. The face is facing down toward the bottom two dimes. I was gonna guess based upon the top right penny being zinc (I can tell by how its oxidized and the 'bumps') that the bigger was also a clad coin. Plus he said $1.04.. 14 pennies, 4 dimes, 1 half dollar. The ring, you are more expert than I, so I will go with what you said. Too bad it wasn't a 1964 JFK.

Congrats on the good finds. Kennedy halves are not found very often (when's the last time you got one in change?) and I agree the corroded pennies are zinc (we call them zincolns). The rings does appear to be plated. Look in a magnifying glass and see if you can see the plating peeling off or green oxidation showing through. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Veteran Member
    Congrats on the finds. The ring looks like a mother birth stone ring. The birth stones in the ring stand for each month one of her children was born. Very nice. Safe & HH

Yes the big coin is a Kennedy bicentennial, all the rest are clad.. 4 dimes, 14 pennies. I found all of this in my back yard. Which there has been several families lived there over the years, including my uncle which has 4 daughters. It's 18 karat plated