Thread: MY SON DID GOOD, Me not so much

MY SON DID GOOD, Me not so much

Saturday morning, my son Alec and I met up with Tony two-cent for a day of hunting. We met up at a little town located about half way between us. We tried 2 spots there and neither were very productive, a couple of wheats for us. Tony did a little better, but thats a story for him to tell. After a quick stop at Casey's for pizza and a pop, we headed to another town that we hit a few weeks ago. Alec dug a few more wheats which gave him a total of five. I got some practice time in with a bunch of clad. After a few hours there, we decided to call it a day and we all headed home. On the way home, Alec and I stopped at one more park where he found a cheap " key to my heart" necklace and a nice .925 silver ring.
    Sunday morning we hit a school that was built in 1916. Alec found a very cool watch Fob from 1910." Wool growers association 46th annual convention "
    and five more wheats.
    Thanks again to Tony for his help with our E-trac. It was a pleasure hunting with you.

As always, sorry about the picture quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Elite Member
    Seems like a some decent hunts to me. Never disappointing when your son hits some older coins and the Watch Fob is a real keeper. Nice hunt and keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Super finds and a great day out with your son !
    Always looking for that next ring !!

You two are doing great! Nice fob, ring and clad!!
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Awesome finds! That wool growers fob is amazing. I wonder if it hung from a suspension ribbon instead of a watch chain though? BTW, here's a link to a news story from 1910 Ogden paper about the event. http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...10/ed-1/seq-2/

It's quite an interesting story to read.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Awesome finds! That wool growers fob is amazing. I wonder if it hung from a suspension ribbon instead of a watch chain though? BTW, here's a link to a news story from 1910 Ogden paper about the event. http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...10/ed-1/seq-2/

I just made an account lol. I have been researching this event and this fob in general for the past hour, I have not found a value of the fob, nor anything about the event, just some wool growers association from South America, I am still trying to see if this fob has any sort of value to it, I want to keep it, but if it is worth money, I may ask my dad to sell it. This fob is very cool, but i am saving for an E-trac, lol. Every bit helps right? Lol, thanks DaddyDigger for the info btw. Hopefully it is worth something, I can't even find a picture of it.

Veteran Member
    congrats on the finds. Like the key and chain, something different. Safe & HH

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post

Thanks for the link, you're right, it was an interesting article. It's kind of cool to find something that old that has a traceable history.

Silver 5

Wow, that fob is AWESOME, Alec! I would rather find that than a common silver coin any day! And it even has the date on it, very cool!

Nice silver ring too!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Excellent bunch of finds you two got there I really like that fob

Wow Alec , you cleaned up at the end congrats on the silver jewelry and cool fob .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Nice finds. And the only pic not so clear was of the wheats. However, who hasn't seen a wheat before anyway?

You gotta love getting out with your son. I know I enjoy every time my daughter asks to go. Congrats on your finds!

Hey diggerAl, hope your quest for that Etrac goes well. Some nice hunting and I love that Fob.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

very nice fob, glad you could spend some time with your son.......thats probably worth more than any finds........well, almost
    Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F4

Quote Originally Posted by slvrsrchr View Post
    very nice fob, glad you could spend some time with your son.......thats probably worth more than any finds........well, almost
    It definitely is. I have a great time hunting with my son. Pulling nice finds out the ground is a close second.

Silver 5