Thread: Please do me a personal favor...

Please do me a personal favor...

If you are a member of this forum and you have at least 20 posts, PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK AND ENTER THE CONTEST!

http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...way-Starts-NOW!!!

It's free, it's painless, IT WILL MAKE YOU POPULAR AT SCHOOL!

JMT Metal Detectors has donated an incredible prize, a brand new Tesoro Silver UMax detector! The winner will be drawn at random, THERE ARE NO WRONG ANSWERS!

If you are a member of this forum and you DON'T have at least 20 significant posts, THEN YOU'D BETTER GET POSTING SO YOU CAN ENTER THE CONTEST, PILGRIM!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I'm in there Tony

Done
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

me too

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    IT WILL MAKE YOU POPULAR AT SCHOOL!

wish i would of known this about 30 years earlier Tony .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Threw mine in.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Done and done!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Hope I have enough.

done deal...but wow what stories i've read from you guys! absolutely amazing!

So far we have 22 entries. Huge thanks to everyone who has entered so far. GREAT stories!

We still need 8 more entries for the contest to be valid, so if you are reading this and haven't entered yet please consider doing so. Thank you.

We are currently sitting at 29 entries. Who's going to step up and make the contest official by being the 30th entry?

Remember, your story isn't going to be judged. The winning entry will be drawn at random. If you haven't entered yet, please help support the forum by doing so. Thanks!

TA DA ...........here I am !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    TA DA ...........here I am !

Thank you!

The contest is officially official now!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I would have loved to participate, but I don't feel that I can or should for a couple of reasons.
    1) I've already been a very lucky recipient of a prize here on the forum this year.
    2) After reading the wonderful stories that everyone has contributed, I honestly can't think of any momentous occasion in my life that wasn't shrouded in or overshadowed by sorrow. I'm not married anymore, I have no kids, nor have I any major achievements to my name. Pretty sad really.

I'm just glad that you finally got enough members posting their stories to have a good contest. This forum ROCKS!

Good luck to all entrants!
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

Quote Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
    I would have loved to participate, but I don't feel that I can or should for a couple of reasons.
    1) I've already been a very lucky recipient of a prize here on the forum this year.
    2) After reading the wonderful stories that everyone has contributed, I honestly can't think of any momentous occasion in my life that wasn't shrouded in or overshadowed by sorrow. I'm not married anymore, I have no kids, nor have I any major achievements to my name. Pretty sad really.

I'm just glad that you finally got enough members posting their stories to have a good contest. This forum ROCKS!

Hang in there Brother , every new day is another opportunity for something good to happen . Try not to dwell on the bad feelings of the past and try to make the best of the rest of your life . Don't think of yourself as any less or more superior to any one you should meet . Everyone doesn't turn out to be the hero they may have wanted to be but that is the way life is .With as much as I screwed up earlier in my life I can't see how it is possible I have the blessings I know have but things can and do turn around .You are looking at your life as it was , look at it as what it can be . Don't let guilt or any possible bad habits drag you down. Learn from any previous mistakes and move onward .Your greatest happiness may come from making others happy . You have a great of deal honesty and realization going for you that is a great asset . I wish you all the best . A lot of nice folks here , I don't think they would begrudge you a shot at winning the detector .

H H ,
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Longhair View Post

Hey, I don't think we ever discussed anyone who won before, to be ineligible for this new contest. Maybe for the second half of the first contest, but not this one. As for the marriage part, the second time around is much better trust me I know As for kids? They came free with the second wife...no diapers needed As for major achievements, they are overrated. It is all the little lessons learned that add to my knowledge, that makes me appreciate my past, present and future. I would never want to be famous, extremely rich, or in a high pressure job.... that would rob me of life. Nope just like the little gains in life. It's the skills in life that you should be proud of. So give the contest a second thought if you want.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I'm not complaining folks....really. I'm not an unhappy person.
    As a matter of fact, I find humor in almost any situation, and laugh more at life than anyone I know. Age has taught me to measure things in terms of mileage, and there's no mileage in feeling down or moping about when things aren't going well. You're far more likely to find an upside if you look for one.

And George.....how about that third time? Is that one the charm? I've been hitched twice, and at this point I figure that it's just not in the cards.
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

Wow , I guess I read that one wrong . I had the feeling you were definitely not a happy camper .I'm glad to hear things are not as bad as I interpreted them to be .

I certainly enjoyed reading George's ( coinnut's ) philosophy on life . It would be a much better world if more people thought as he did .

Tony the petition is having a very positive feedback, I just got an email today and right now the DCR beaches in question can be hunted but it's still not completely resolved yet, anyone that signed this petition should also have gotten an email, it sounds like it's definitely been a positive outcome so far.

oooops this is the wrong thread but I'm in the contest too, I'm sure you catch my drift though

The contest ends TONIGHT at midnight! You still have time to enter! By my count we have 41 entries so far and some really good stories.

Since the time zone wasn't specified, we'll say that all entries must be posted by midnight Pacific Time (PDT) tonight.

The drawing will take place tomorrow, May 21 and the winner will be announced here on the forum. The drawing for the winner will be recorded on video and posted on YouTube.

Please enter today if you haven't done so already!