Thread: The search of the Jar of coins continues...

The search of the Jar of coins continues...

Lots of action again.

I returned to the Vermont property once more for a long Memorial Day weekend. I will try to find that jar of coins until I rest in peace. I last posted photos of all the other objects I found during the last attempt. Yet again, no jar and no old coins of significance, but check out all the other stuff I found in ONE day and the following afternoon! My friend Lee (can be found on this site) told me that if I dig everything, the good stuff will be easier to find. He was not with me in Vermont but I listened. Well damn if I didn't dig up every signal. Wow!, so much stuff. I did find a silver plated utensil handle with stamps and a silver plated button. The coins I found were all from the fifties or newer. Mind you, this is still all from within about 50 yards of the house out of three acres. These are not items pictures from the last post, rather, they are from four days ago.

While up north, I was invited to search for relics with a team of people who restore forgotten cemeteries. How ironic that I asked about this in a recent post last month. They wanted me to locate markers for them. I was stunned and pleased to find a Civil War Veterans marker of iron dated 1861 to 1865. It now stands by the veterans grave once more. Very cool Memorial Day activity. This cemetery was vandalized by drunks years ago who shot the headstones with guns. I managed to find a few deformed bullet heads that were .45 and lower caliber. Nothing else was found but lots of beer tabs and cans, but then again, I was not searching for anything valuable of deep. I do not allow myself to.

All in all a cool couple of hunts. I want to find some older coins on the three acres still. even though I am primarily a relic guy. I will be up north very soon, yes, very soon indeed.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

looks like a very trashy yard but,you put a dent in it.like your friend said dig it all and good targets will come.that yard is gonna keep ya busy for sure!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

You look like you have been very busy! Some nice finds there.
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

The energizer bunny doesn't have anything on you....man that's a lot of digging!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Looks like you have enough nails to build a new barn..... As Lee says, did it all and the good stuff that is hidden below the junk will start to revel itself.

Cool story about the cemetery.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by Bell-Two View Post
    man that's a lot of digging!
    I agree !! but you got a lot of interesting finds and cleared some of the other targets out of the way for the machine.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Holy flashback! That Matchbox fire truck in the second photo shot me right back to the 60's. I had one just like it when I was a kid that I bought at the five and dime.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.