Thread: When is the best time to hunt the beach night or morning

When is the best time to hunt the beach night or morning

I'm on Vacation at Myrtle Beach brought my Ace 150 with me I've went in early morning around 5am and went very briefly last night I have never been beach detecting looking for some tips
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

If you're dry-sand hunting I would think it would be best late in the day when everyone is heading home. If you're hunting in the water I would think low-tide, regardless of time of day. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in to help.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Thanks im just dry sand hunting I tried the wet sand and just to much falsing
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    If you're dry-sand hunting I would think it would be best late in the day when everyone is heading home. If you're hunting in the water I would think low-tide, regardless of time of day. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in to help.
    I've only hunted a beach once, but this is exactly what I was thinking at the time.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

ya low tide…. and i go like at 2-4 am just to beat all the old farts who have nothing better to do …. and can clean a beach in like hours ….. but I'm in san diego and we get to do this all year long and theres like 15 beaches we can go to … I hate it LOL LOL

Much Santa Cruz, Ca beach experience here. Take it to the bank that low tide is the best.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

I'd say first thing in the morning, before the sand combing machines start. You can still find stuff but they catch things in the first couple inches of sand. Call Parks and Recreations there and they can tell you when they start running on the beach. You should do alot better, before they start running.

I'm also with DaddyDigger, when most will leave the beach, heading home or having lunch/supper.

Good Luck