Thread: Thoughts on the Ace 350

Thoughts on the Ace 350

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated I have the 150 wanted more depth (actually wanted the AT pro but don't have the funds right now ) thanks and HH
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

I know that trooperbri and I like ours. To be honest though, I seriously plan on getting the ATpro as soon as I can because I have seen how accurate and efficient it is for others to hunt using the numerical readout. I can't tell the difference between a quarter and a bottle cap because they have the same bright ring. Lee and Kpmoose can with their gear. It most certainly makes them more efficient at finding the good stuff. Other than that it is a sweet machine. Check out trooperbri's comments in the Garrett section. He had one issue with the arm cuff and then just did a sweet mod to move the location of the headphone jack.
    It's a deep machine and will definitely out perform your 150 simply because of the coil alone. Great upgrade for sure. But I think many here would tell you to save your pennies a while longer and get the ATpro. I guess it's a matter of patience vs. need. Good luck either way!

Lou

P.S. My nickname twobit refers to my detecting skills...so remember the old "grain of salt" idiom.

Thank you Lou I ordered it last night I plan on get the AT pro next spring/summer just don't wanna be that patient I guess thanks again and HH

I like it well enough so far. Not much to it so it's light. The DD coil was a selling point, I'll admit. Price was a consideration (under $300) since this is all new and I needed other gear. Had I researched more, I may have made another choice since I know a little more now.

Biggest gripe is the readout. 10 small discrimination notches over a large 1-100 readout. But they give the 350 two extra iron notches over the 150/250? Even the much cheaper Fisher F2 has big numbers. Other concern is mineralization in the woods (probably not an issue in Ohio).

I'll use mine for the rest of the season to get used to detecting, but over the winter will likely consider upgrading since I'm guessing it's when upgrades happen here in cold country.
    I'm no dummy, and even got my ham ticket on a whim (KB1CIH), so learning advanced settings isn't an issue. I can take a little time then and get advice on what detectors work best overall in this area, which of those I key into best, and feels better in my hand if I get a chance.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

Congrats Nesdore, you will notice the difference and the learning curve of finding those faint deep targets will definitely make you better. I would be impatient as well...gotta be honest. I'm already working out a strategy for getting the ATpro on mu wife's radar. A nice gold ring in the ground would do nicely...

Thanks Trooper for your comment I was thinking about buying a new coil for my 150 but thought I could put another $100 with it and get a better detector ill probably buy the at pro next spring

Henry
    I'll be watching your posts come spring ..... Your gonna love the ATPro when you purchase it.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

Using the ace350 for a while now. Bought in the US where I made good finds including 2 large cents at great depth. Now I use it in the Europe. The big coil makes it a great machine for hunting fields. The ace250 standard coil is much smaller, which doesn't make it a good machine for hunting field. A smaller coil does give you advantage when detecting in the woods, thick brush or trash infested areas.