Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: have i got what i think ive got ?

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Great early stone ax Lee ,its a museum quality piece for sure

I'll bring the coffee and donuts
    ha ha ha whats realy funny is i mean it, i have 3/4 of an acre and id love to av you lot round to detect it.
    thanks Del, i am considering taking it to the Peabody and asking them if they would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    permission granted mate.
    I'll bring my wife and the ladies can talk about math curriculum....

Outstanding find Lee. I'll bring the backhoe.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

The hell with the yard, I want to go through the house

Very nice house find Lee!

Chief, I think the yard is better. Outside there is an allowable degree of negligance. Unless you are inside you go to his finds case "oh, what's this? I think I found something. I am unsure but it looks like an old coin. It looks like all this stuff was neatly arranged just for me to find."

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    Chief, I think the yard is better. Outside there is an allowable degree of negligance. Unless you are inside you go to his finds case "oh, what's this? I think I found something. I am unsure but it looks like an old coin. It looks like all this stuff was neatly arranged just for me to find."
    You know the old saying "there was no damage until the fire department showed up" I want to rip some of those walls open. I can bring an entire recruit class

you lot would love it in my house, its been kept a lot like it was back in the 1700s some of the ceilings are still the oak beamed ones and one of my two attics is like being on a bloody ship , there's these huge like boat joists going from the floor to each side of the roof, the basement although finished has the original stone walls and the old servants fire place is still perfectly preserved .
    i also have one of only two 1700s granite sinks in wethersfield .
    honestly its like living in a museum .
    i know as we get older most people down size where they live and move to smaller dwellings................"sod that" i want to die here and even then ill come back and haunt the house.

What's your address Lee? I'd feel pretty confident knocking on your door asking for permission.

On a serious note, the fact that you are considering donating to the Peabody museum is very commendable. Make sure they give ya a lifetime membership if they want it, which I'm sure any museum would.

Wow, great find. You need to start poking around with a broom handle to locate all the hollow spaces behind your walls!

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos