Thread: would really like to what this is. has a few people excited around here.

would really like to what this is. has a few people excited around here.

Found this item metal detecting next to a very old creek along the tree line. Was found about 8 inches deep. any help on this would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Hmm. Intriguing. Obvi it's not leather as u used an MD. Looks like it's marked with Native American style markings but I am more inclined to think it's a souvenir item. But I could be wrong.

Hello Adam , first let me welcome you to the forum.

can you possibly tell us what type of metal you think it is , copper , brass , lead or other. from the pictures it almost looks like lead or corroded aluminum . is it heavy for its size ??

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Whatever it is, it's a pretty cool find! I really hope you get to the bottom if it.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

I believe it is copper. Pretty light and I believe some of its missing. Ive had all kinds of artifact hunters excited about it. Having it stereoscoped today to authenticate the engraving.

Adam are the images engraved because they look they were pressed into the piece to me .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Adam are the images engraved because they look they were pressed into the piece to me .
    The bow and arrow look too perfectly drawn to be engraved, at least to my eye.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Veteran Member
    Nice interesting piece. Congrats.

Looked under a stereoscope. Really hard to tell. You can sometimes see lines that are broken and then redone. Some of it looks almost perfect and others look hand drawn. I have found out that the image on the right is a squash blossom. The blossoms look handrawn to me under the scope. This piece even has the indian artifact guys stumped. I know its hundreds of years old but just curious if it was imagined or designed by native americans years ago. Some research suggests that the germans brought over these plates in early 1800s for trade items which would match the era for stamping metals. I am up in the air on this one. Still appreciate any comments.

Sorry guys. I meant that I know its NOT hundreds of years old. But still intrigued.

I thought it looked stamped too. I think it's brass or copper, due to the fact the stress lines from where it was bent show some relish color thru.

Could it possibly be a bookmark????
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album