Thread: Scrapes, Cuts, Blisters, Bruises

Scrapes, Cuts, Blisters, Bruises

Hi everyone,
    I thought it would be fun to start a thread dedicated to metal detecting related injuries. The nastier the pictures the better, so don't hold back. lol
    Name:  20140722_113623.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  28.2 KB
    Name:  20140804_141111.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  35.8 KB

I've almost lost an eye sorry no pictures to protect the innocent ok maybe it wasn't that bad but I swear a small branch from a fir tree smacked me in the eye so hard on the actual eyeball , that my eye teared up the rest of the day .it felt itchy and irritated all day , only when I got home 10 hours later my wife noticed the tiny fir tree bristles still in my eye and boy did it feel good to finally get them out and wash my eye.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

One winter I was using my relic shovel hacking some roots, the shovel deflected off the root and went clear down to my shin bone, that was a wound that took forever to heal. It left a nasty scar too

No pics, but a couple of times a year I usually shred my legs pretty bad in the briar patches. You get these nasty looking 1 to 8 inch long slices all over your legs. They really don't hurt but just look real bad. The worst injury I almost got was when I got some poison ivy on my wrist on a hunt a couple of years ago. Later that night my wife was complaining of a stiff neck. Being the nice husband that I am I gave her a back and neck rub. 24 hours later she had poison ivy all over her back. She threatened to hit me over the head with my detector if I ever did that again. That would have hurt
    Last edited by Lodge Scent; 08-08-2014 at 07:30 AM.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Henry
    I was turned into a newt by a witch. But I got better.

LIVE FREE OR DIE

For me it is always wasp stings (yellow jackets) today was sting # 2 & 3. Couple weeks back was #1. But my friend Mike got hit about 10 times today. We both started digging a hole (different areas) about 2 feet from a ground nest. I'm luckier cause I can run faster than him
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold