Thread: 7 Silver Pocket Spill and another Matron at the Cellar Hole!!!

7 Silver Pocket Spill and another Matron at the Cellar Hole!!!

I went back to the cellar hole last night and went in a few different areas I didn't hit before. My first target was a brass screw and the second one was a gold plated cuff link type deal. My third target next to a stone wall hanging over a river rang in a solid 83 and I already knew what it was… I dug it live on camera. Another copper, another Matron head. Two days and two coppers. I thought it couldn't get much better than this…

It took about a half hour to find the next signal. A very scratchy at best a zinc penny signal next to a large rock. To my surprise I took out a silver coin… I rescanned the hole like always and got another signal in the hole and they just kept coming. 5 Mercs and 2 Washingtons came out of that hole in total. I was in total shock! That's by far my best pocket spill I've ever found. I got this on camera as well.

The rest of the hunt didn't yield much of anything but I'll keep on working this area. I'll get cleaned up pictures as soon as I can for you guys!!!

GL and HH!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Isaac; 08-28-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    I <3 colonial relics!

WOW on that hunt. A 7 silver pocket spill isn't posted everyday. on your LC and all those other keepers.......
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I'm going hunting with you Congrats on the silver spill. Must have been an adrenaline rush to say the least It's nice when you get them copper readings on your machine. Copper #2 in the bag
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    WOW on that hunt. A 7 silver pocket spill isn't posted everyday. on your LC and all those other keepers.......
    Thanks Aloldstff!!! I know right?! I was amazed at that was a silver in the first place based on how choppy that signal was...

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I'm going hunting with you Congrats on the silver spill. Must have been an adrenaline rush to say the least It's nice when you get them copper readings on your machine. Copper #2 in the bag
    Thanks coinnut!!! Two coppers in two days baby!!! I love metal detecting!
    I <3 colonial relics!

Veteran Member
    nice job. it just goes to show that those iffy signals always seem to pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by zrickkid View Post
    nice job. it just goes to show that those iffy signals always seem to pay off.
    Thanks zrickkid! I agree, you just never know.
    I <3 colonial relics!

Here's my finds cleaned up.

I <3 colonial relics!

Your finds look just as good here kid!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Now that's a pretty picture!
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    Your finds look just as good here kid!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Now that's a pretty picture!
    Thanks guys!!! Unfortunately I lost my camera so I won't be able to record tomorrow's hunt.

It's okay though… I'll still post the finds.
    I <3 colonial relics!

WOW! That is such a nice find. I think I am doing good when I find a single silver.

I am happy for you but at the same time I am green with envey.

Quote Originally Posted by Beartoe View Post
    WOW! That is such a nice find. I think I am doing good when I find a single silver.

I am happy for you but at the same time I am green with envey.
    Thanks Beartoe. I couldn't believe that I found all that silver in one hole... one silver is great but 7… I was shaking!
    I <3 colonial relics!

That's a very nice handful of silver, and any day you find a large cent is nice!

Once you find something real good you remember that number on the display and know what the find is before you dig it. Guess u got a lot of luck up here at hunting cellar holes. Maybe one of the silvers was on edge to give you a scratchy zincoln. I would probably think anyway to dig a zincoln signal near a cellar hole. It's highly unlikely that a penny after 1983 was dropped there (but still possible from hikers or detectorists). You spent only a week up here and found two matron heads. I live up here and haven't found any yet.

Wow, What a great spill. That must have been a great feeling. I've never got seven Silvers in one day, let alone in one hole!!'
    Super Great Job
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Congrats on the great finds. I've found nothing close to the silver spill you posted here. Congrats. I'd agree with MangoAve's comments as well. I dig anything above iron that doesn't sound too huge at any cellar holes. I'll admit it though, I've also found clad at those sites as well. Probably hunters. Found one at dusk just a few weeks back...a mile back in the woods off an overgrown trail. VDI of 76 on the cellar hole lip, pull out a small dirty coin, blood pressure rising, wipe it off, 1982 clad dime. Thanks again for posting. Great job.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Quote Originally Posted by GKman View Post
    That's a very nice handful of silver, and any day you find a large cent is nice!
    Thanks GKMan!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    Once you find something real good you remember that number on the display and know what the find is before you dig it. Guess u got a lot of luck up here at hunting cellar holes. Maybe one of the silvers was on edge to give you a scratchy zincoln. I would probably think anyway to dig a zincoln signal near a cellar hole. It's highly unlikely that a penny after 1983 was dropped there (but still possible from hikers or detectorists). You spent only a week up here and found two matron heads. I live up here and haven't found any yet.
    You're right, I've had a lot of luck at the cellar holes up here. Of course I'd dig it at a cellar hole. I didn't say I was about to ignore the signal. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    Wow, What a great spill. That must have been a great feeling. I've never got seven Silvers in one day, let alone in one hole!!'
    Super Great Job
    Thanks Don... I think that's my best day for silver coins.

Quote Originally Posted by BTV Digger View Post
    Congrats on the great finds. I've found nothing close to the silver spill you posted here. Congrats. I'd agree with MangoAve's comments as well. I dig anything above iron that doesn't sound too huge at any cellar holes. I'll admit it though, I've also found clad at those sites as well. Probably hunters. Found one at dusk just a few weeks back...a mile back in the woods off an overgrown trail. VDI of 76 on the cellar hole lip, pull out a small dirty coin, blood pressure rising, wipe it off, 1982 clad dime. Thanks again for posting. Great job.

John
    BTV, I dig everything above iron at cellar holes. I didn't say I was about to skip over the signal or something. I was just baffled it was 7 silver coins in one hole... thank you!
    I <3 colonial relics!