Thread: Six Years Old!

Six Years Old!

In the Treasure Corner is Six Years Old!

Six years ago, I decided to start a treasure hunting podcast. Other such podcasts had come and gone, most of them dying after half a dozen episodes at best.

And, truth be told, they deserved an early death. They were virtually unlistenable. Long pointless chatter, usually two or more guys laughing at their own private jokes, the content bouncing back and forth between painful and pointless. Totally unscripted and lasting a half hour or longer, with maybe two minutes of actual information scattered within the chaff. They reminded me of what one of my broadcasting instructors said seemed to be the standard rule: "Keep talking until you think you've said something."

My show (brag alert!) was different. It is completely scripted, with just one voice, and a scant three to five minutes for most episodes. It has had nearly 400,000 downloads.

And it has lasted for six years and 157 episodes.

In this birthday episode, I discuss the number of people who listen, where they are from, and how they listen. I list the most popular episodes, and I point you to past episodes that you really should hear.

They are all at: http://thetreasurecorner.com.

Six years is a long time in internet years. I must confess I haven't checked it out yet, but I will tonight and see what you have there.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.