Thread: 2014 Beach Vacation

2014 Beach Vacation

We got back yesterday from our annual beach vacation. It was, as always, the best two weeks of the year. As with the rest of this year I got in a bit less detecting this year than in the past, although I was still on the beach almost every morning. I spent most of my time in the wet sand this year even though targets seemed more sparse than in the past. Some mornings I would go 20 minutes or so between targets. I wound up with much less clad than past years, and no old or silver coins. That being said, I had some excellent luck, scoring three pieces of gold and seven pieces of silver along with two nice stainless steel rings (I think) and an interesting fork ring. Among the three pieces of gold were two 14k rings, one of which has 8 channel set diamonds. The third piece of gold is a small 10k Harley Davidson pendant.

My dad joined me for many of my morning hunts on the beach, which is always a treat. Seeing the sunrise every morning is also something I treasure. I envy the local guys who can hunt the beach whenever they want. I'm already looking forward to next year!

The last pic is of me from the webcam showing the beach. I captured it on my cell phone. It's about as close to a "selfie" as I ever hope to get.

Happy hunting!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by z118; 09-01-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Holly cow Z, way to go. That's what I call a "Vacation". Congrats to ya
    Just one more Beep!

Congrats on what looks like a great vacation.

Dave
    An Honest Man Is God's Noblest Work

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.

Some very impressive finds. I can't believe that I was detecting with you and walked away with not even one piece of junk jewelry for the two weeks.

At least it was a very enjoyable two weeks. Great company and awesome food.

Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Love the GOLD, that nearly paid for your vacation. What beach is that?

Absolutely outstanding . WTG Z
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

Wow Matt , you did very well at that beach this time around . I so wanted to join you and your Dave this year but just couldn't make the trip this time . thats an amazing amount of jewelry from that beach , the hunting pressure there is very competitive. congrats
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Matt, I found that exact same ring a couple year ago, must be a popular design. Congratulations
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

That's a respectable haul! Beautiful ring.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Amazing , you wont soon forget that vacation .