Thread: V3i for 700?

Threaded View

V3i for 700?

So I get a call from a friend this weekend. One of our fishing buddies Dave is selling his uncle's V3i for $700.

The last time Dan invited me out for a dig, he gave me the backstory of the V3i. Not exactly the smoothest road.
    Dave doesn't know jack about it, but thinks it's a few years old. What do I need to look out for on these? Is there a firmware/software version to stay away from? I don't want to buy it and then pay $$ to update it.
    And of course, how does it fare in New England woods?

Comes with 3 packs, some kind of Whites pinpointer, and a 2'nd coil. I'm pondering this, but not quite hot-to-trot like I was with the overpriced DFX. But the overtime is flowing like wine at work, so who knows. Any feedback, experiences is greatly appreciated.

And if I don't jump on this (probably won't muddle over it much more than a week) I told Dave I'd try and help him get rid of it. Anyone interested in it as well, post here or shoot a PM and I can put you in touch with him for a local sale (lives in Durham, CT).

Thanks!

Name:  V3i.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  76.1 KB
    Last edited by Trooper Bri; 09-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy