Thread: Whites TRX weather resistent to s certain point

Whites TRX weather resistent to s certain point

As many people do I lay my pinpointer down in the grass while going for a target with the trowel or rechecking the hole for the target with my detector, for the past month I've been hunting a lowland park here that is always saturated with dew in the morning and today my pinpointer acted up doing really weird things and it was unusable so I pulled the batteries out immediately. When I got home I took the shell off for the first time since I've had it and there was a lot of moisture in it so cleaned everything up with alcohol and a toothbrush, dry thoroughly and it works fine now. From now on I'm going to pull the battery cover when I get back and let it air out over night when I'm in a wet environment like I've been hunting recently.

thanks for the heads up Larry , I wasn't aware that moisture could get inside it .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I am looking at getting one. You have given me some food for thought. I would not have considered the White's product to have a problem like that.

I lie my V3i on the damp ground all the time (same with the Eagle Spectrum). I would not expect the PP to have a moisture problem. Are the seals Ok on your unit?

Wow Larry, never had that problem with mine. Have even stuck it in muddy water holes with no problem, but now I'll keep watch. Thanks for the tip.

I love our Whites Whites TRX Pin Pointer. Deepest thing out!
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.