Thread: 1916 New Hampshire Motorcycle Registration Fob! and Shoe buckle and SILVER!!!

1916 New Hampshire Motorcycle Registration Fob! and Shoe buckle and SILVER!!!

I found this is FOB in Vermont at 8 inches down in some very clay like dirt. I looked it up on Ebay and they sell from $300 usd to $1200 usd, but I think I will just keep it for a while. Anyone find one like it? Look up the number with New Hampshire DMV? It is bronze and apparently the New Hampshire ones are the rarest in this year. One picture is with a flash and one without.

The Buckle was found in some VERY dry and HARD dirt. Might be a sash buckle, not sure. Any ideas? Period?

The smashed and large remains of a Sterling Silver Spoon was found in soft field dirt and is Sterling marked with hallmark. Largest piece of silver I have found. Lee was with me. It had been ripped up by a tractor more than a few times. "Honey. have you seen my serving spoon?" I can hear the ghost say, ha!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

i still cant beleave the size of that piece of silver mate , it weighs a ton !!!! and you know i love the registration plate.
    i always thought i did well with the whites coinmaster but this blokes on fire !!.
    if that motorbike registration plate is not in the relic of the month list next time there's no justice in the world......well done matey boy.

nice finds! cool silver,sweet fob and it looks like a victorian era sash type buckle to me
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Yeah that spoon is killed, just a bit. Congrats on the FOB. The buckle seems very different tho. The shape of the opening is oval or pointed oval. The piece in the middle has two slots in it. Looks like a hammered or honeycomb texture. Gonna put it out there as most likely the same age as the FOB, maybe the 20's.

Great Job. That FOB is an awesome find. Congrats
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

great registration tag Kris , years ago i found a Massachusetts motorcycle registration tag from 1914 . when they are that old you know they were for either a Harley or Indian . congrats
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I am pretty sure the hole in the middle was made by the owner to attach it to the bike. I am going to go back to that area and detect like crazy to find more.

That motorcycle registration tag is so super neat!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

WTG on that motorcycle tag. Keep it, it can only go up in value.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Awesome FOB Kris! Absolutely love it.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Here is a better picture of the Registration Fob. I called NH DMV and there records only go back to 1983, I am still researching it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So, after numerous calls to New Hampshire, here it is in a rundown...
    DMV records do not go back past 1983. I asked about what Police would do if they found a body in a lake in a car and the plate was from 1950. They told me to call the police. I asked if any historical society or archive records are available. They replied in ignorance of such assets. So, I called the Concord Police. The nice woman at reception told me she has no idea what they do in the department but I should try the Collections Department at Town Hall and she did connect me to a VERY rude woman in the Records Department who said I cannot have access to such information. I then called Collections at Town Hall and the Vital Records Department as well and it was all for nothing. So there it is folks, the tax dollars in New Hampshire are paying people to not try and help but rather just say I do not know so they can just go through their day with as little effort and stress as possible. Blah. Anyway, I enjoyed the research and I have a cool Fob. :-) I think I would have been more successful if I had spoken with a Detective or Historical Society member directly. Both of which were unavailable at the time this research was done. Something to try in the future perhaps.

Have you tried to check with a Harley or Indian historical group?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I agree with Al , ask around about your oldest Harley dealership near where the tag was found or if there were any Indian motorcycle dealerships in NH and where they were at and who owned them .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

That fob is a neat relic, in great shape too. The silver and sash buckle are also great finds. Congrats on a sweet hunt!
    I <3 colonial relics!