Thread: Explorers

Explorers

Anybody out there still hunting with any of the Explorer series ? Seems like most have moved on to E-tracs and CTX's . Also like to hear your comments on any of the aforementioned detectors .

Can't comment too much on the Explorer series, but the E Trac was quicker than the Explorer series and while both the Explorer and E Trac found silver well, I think the E Trac made it a bit easier too do. The CTX doesn't go any deeper than the E Trac (at least for me) but does find the shallower silvers next to iron really well. Each machine is similar, but also unique in how and what it does best.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Thanks for your input George .

Not for sure, but I believe Jkress is swinging his SE Pro still. And we all know how well he does with it.
    As for the E-Trac, I just got another one from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies this week!!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

came out
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    Not for sure, but I believe Jkress is swinging his SE Pro still. And we all know how well he does with it.
    As for the E-Trac, I just got another one from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies this week!!

I'm betting Joe is still using his SE Pro also .I like the Explorer so much that when the CTX's came out and everyone was selling them off at bargain prices I picked up an Explorer2 for a backup to my SE , also more coils and accessories .I had an Explorer2 before but I sold it when I got my SE . I regretted that but it's all good now because the EX2 I have now is like new .

Congrats on your new E-Trac , I'll be looking forward to seeing all the cool finds you will be making .

Sorry I am late on this one. You are correct C.T.

Yes, I am still swinging (Ill Digger nailed it) the Explorer SE Pro. It has worked very well for me.

Although I have noticed I need to swing a bit slower than an Etrac, the results come up very close to the same.

Ron hunts with the Etrac, I use the Explorer SE P. Sometimes he gets more, sometimes I get more... we typically end up with + or - 1 each time out.

Enjoy your new Explorer C.T. It will help you find a coin or two, or three or several dozen.
    Last edited by jkress; 09-25-2014 at 10:54 PM.

I had an SE pro for years. GREAT detector!
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.

I use an SE and will do so until I no longer can. My hunting bud is using a II and I know he will use that as long as he can also. Which detector is not as big a factor for us here as some places, but I'm not sure that would change our preference even if it was. Well I know it wouldn't.
    Last edited by Iron Patch; 07-29-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    I use an SE and will do so until I no longer can. My hunting bud is using a II and I know he will use that as long as he can also. Which detector is not as big a factor for us here as some places, but I'm not sure that would change out preference even if it was. Well I know it wouldn't.

That's pretty much the way I feel also . I love the tones and after all these years I still grow more and more comfortable with it .