Thread: Which One To Sell !?

Which One To Sell !?

For now I have to make a decision selliing one of my three detectors. --

Like to hunt with each one. Every detector has it's pro's and con's. All play in the same league, I think.
    Not going to throw a coin. There are at least 2 coils present for every detector.

In the bowl are the Fisher CZ-70 Pro, the White's MXT and the DeLeon from Tesoro.

Help is much appreciated.

If I had them, it would be the Fisher. Mostly because around here they have a lot of interference problems. But where you are may be different. Which one haven't you used for a long time?
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

That's a tough one Vito . I can see regrets on getting rid of any of them .There's no adjustable
    ground balance on the Deleon so that's something to consider ( they are sure nice and light though ). CZ 70 Pro's are legendary , I read somewhere they have been discontinued though so I don't know if Fisher would repair it and how much it would cost .Of the three I would probably be most reluctant to get rid of the MXT unless I was replacing it with another White's .

Which one has made the most finds for you , which is the most fun to swing , which one tends to frustrate you the most are things I would take into consideration . I am going thru a similar thing with some detectors I own but in my case I think old age and the onset of physical limitations will determine what I stick with .
    This may sound crazy but consider putting all your detectors where you can see them and putting a different one out of your sight at a time for a day or two and tell yourself "it's gone and I can no longer use it " .That may work .
    Good luck my friend .

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    If I had them, it would be the Fisher. Mostly because around here they have a lot of interference problems. But where you are may be different. Which one haven't you used for a long time?
    Oh, good you mentioned this, Coinnut. Depending on the EMI-sensitivity it will be the DeLeon here. Never had any issues with the other two.
    Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    That's a tough one Vito . I can see regrets on getting rid of any of them .There's no adjustable
    ground balance on the Deleon so that's something to consider ( they are sure nice and light though ). CZ 70 Pro's are legendary , I read somewhere they have been discontinued though so I don't know if Fisher would repair it and how much it would cost .Of the three I would probably be most reluctant to get rid of the MXT unless I was replacing it with another White's .

Which one has made the most finds for you , which is the most fun to swing , which one tends to frustrate you the most are things I would take into consideration . I am going thru a similar thing with some detectors I own but in my case I think old age and the onset of physical limitations will determine what I stick with .
    This may sound crazy but consider putting all your detectors where you can see them and putting a different one out of your sight at a time for a day or two and tell yourself "it's gone and I can no longer use it " .That may work .
    Good luck my friend .
    Had this in mind, too, George. The CZ and MXT do have ground balance/tracking which the DeLeon lacks. Really well balanced are the MXT (modified) and the DeLeon.
    The CZ-70 Pro is in excellent shape and they're no longer in production for long time, so I'll keep this one for sure and it will be the last one I'm going to sell.
    The MXT is modified and sweeps like a feather. So I think it will be the DeLeon as I can get one back if I feel the need for.

Thanks for helping to make a decision.

i sold my MXT to get my v3i love the v3i but miss the mxt maybe because we where vergins together LOL no it was a real gold getter ….. i found three nuggets with it just saying its a keeper….. I'm trying to find a gold bug 2 but if i run into that deal for a mxt again i'll grab it ….

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Keep them all!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Keep the lightest ones. as you get older-------- they become heavier.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Thanks guys. Great advice to think about.

@leslie - yup, that will be the best way.

@Dimeman - The MXT and the DeLeon are equal, and the CZ will never be sold, Robbie.

So I think all 3 will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ironarmknives View Post
    i sold my MXT to get my v3i love the v3i but miss the mxt maybe because we where vergins together LOL no it was a real gold getter ….. i found three nuggets with it just saying its a keeper….. I'm trying to find a gold bug 2 but if i run into that deal for a mxt again i'll grab it ….
    Had the v3 and didn't like it at all, ironarmknives. Pushing it to it's best performance for the hunted location will last to long (same as it was for the DFX). It's a great machine if you have the need for, but I don't have.
    And yes, I am really glad I did not sell the MXT to get this "nightmare" machine.

Good Luck with your's anf Happy Hunting.

It's great to see you kept all three ( hey , that rhymes) .