Thread: Tried some beach hunting for a change

Tried some beach hunting for a change

Tuesday, the wife and I decided to spend some quality time together...me detecting the beach while she read a book. Now that's quality time together But hats off to her for enduring my all day hunt. Pick the same beach Mike H took me to last week even though it was sanded in and it was mostly high tide. I wanted to get some practice digging and getting used to the scoop. Water was too choppy for my liking, so I did the water line and the dry sand mostly. Weapon of choice was the CTX 3030 with the 17" coil. Hooked it up with the waterproof headphones and I was on my way. Dug everything but iron, and tried to guess what it was first. I guessed gold a lot, but it always turned out to be tinfoil Dug bottle caps even though the numbers were always correct on them. I won't dig any more of them in the future. No silver or gold but I did manage a 1924 Buffalo Nickel, and enjoyed a picture perfect day on the beach. Anybody need any cooler zipper pulls?

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  91.9 KBName:  004.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  71.8 KBName:  005.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  79.1 KB
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

That sounds like fun George! Not your typical hunt. But that's what makes it so cool. The past two summers we've had my sons birthday party at the beach. Like you, I wasn't expecting to find any old coins per say, but I had alotta "this could be gold" moments too.
    You did find one old coin though. A old Buff!
    Congrats!!
    It could've easily been a nice old gold ring. Next time
    Some valuable experience gained.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

A trip to the beach once in a while is good for the soul . I love the salt air and sometimes the people can be pretty interesting too . My nearby beaches have been pretty sanded in also . It's been several years since I've pulled a good ring out of the sand but when I go the possibility that I might keeps me going .
    It seems the last few years people are more careful about losing their stuff too .Nice going on the Buffalo !

Nice Buf George! Looks like you did you part to clean up the beach!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Congrats on getting to spend some quality time with your wife. lol That looks like you had a lot of chances to do some guessing, lot of treasure there.

Good luck,

Dave
    An Honest Man Is God's Noblest Work

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.

What a great day George! Man you burned some calories digging all of that stuff and nice to hit the beach for a change. It's mind boggling how much trash we humans inadvertently (or intentionally) leave behind. That spot is better off after your efforts.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

You were one busy pirate George. If gold was there you would have found it. Stay with it and gold will be in your treasure chest.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

i keep trying to get the wife to go and just do what she does already sit and read i do the water a lot and it would be nice to know someone is out there just incase i fall down and can't get back up LOL … but she thinks its dumb ….. also i can get her to go at 2am low tide i just don't get it………LOL

You've got sophisticated beer drinkers there it looks like. Use them fancy glass bottles. Around here I uncover lots of Keystone Lite cans. I'd much rather find bottle caps!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.