Thread: Hit old faithful and then tried a new spot on a local beach here in Oklahoma.

Hit old faithful and then tried a new spot on a local beach here in Oklahoma.

Saturday went out with one of my detecting buddies to Old Faithful and found a Merc and a small silver ring. My buddy found the only gold ring for the day.

Pictured below

Sunday I hunted by myself and decided to go to a beach that looks good but has never paid off in the 1 to 2 trips we have made to it. I started my day by going to church with hopes by the time church was over maybe Mr. Sunshine would have the air a little more to my liking when playing in water. Well when church was over I looked outside and it was cloudy and didn't look good, I almost decided to just be lazy and lay around and do nothing. Boy am I glad I followed my original plan and went to that old beach. I got to the beach about 2:00 and headed right down to the waters edge and got in. After about 1 hour of hunting and not finding anything I was ready to head to old faithful and try my luck when I finally found a Rosie. Then I started finding the good stuff right until I made myself head home at about 7:30. This is my best silver coin hunt to the best of my knowledge in my 11 years of hunting. I did find several other things including 4 good rings and the other jewelry. I think the one ring is maybe one that was given to a fire fighter for his years of service, because it is shaped like a fire fighters emblem and it say years and has some number in front of years(it is to wore out to tell). The top part looks like it maybe gold.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Group photo

An Honest Man Is God's Noblest Work

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.

that is a great haul. I know you're glad that you went detecting instead of doing nothing. Your silver count is fantastic and the jewelery is some icing on the cake.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

WOW! You killed it!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

WOW!

Look at all that silver!

You hit the mother lode for sure!

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Now that's a hunt!!
    Lottsa silver dimes and wheaties... Silver rings, silver and gold ring!!, some jewelry... Nice all round hunt!!
    Congrats!
    Are both necklaces and bracelet silver too?
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    Now that's a hunt!!
    Lottsa silver dimes and wheaties... Silver rings, silver and gold ring!!, some jewelry... Nice all round hunt!!
    Congrats!
    Are both necklaces and bracelet silver too?

Thanks Ill Digger, I am not sure about the St. Christopher. The 4 leaf clover is junk and the small thin bracelet is gold in color after I got it cleaned, but I can't find any markings on it.

Dave

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.

Thanks everybody for the comments.

Dave

WOW! It takes me all summer to collect that many silver dimes.
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Oldest Coin 1813 Large Cent
    Favorite Coin 1907 Barber Quarter

Wow, what a fantastic day Dave and congrats! Agree that the ring may be related to a firefighter due to the octagonal badge shape on the gold(?) inlay. You mentioned the site was rather unproductive the first few times you hit it. Did you try another location along the beach this time?

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

WOW great hunt silver galore. Always a good I idea to follow your gut Congrats
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by BTV Digger View Post
    Wow, what a fantastic day Dave and congrats! Agree that the ring may be related to a firefighter due to the octagonal badge shape on the gold(?) inlay. You mentioned the site was rather unproductive the first few times you hit it. Did you try another location along the beach this time?

John
    John, I had been visiting with another guy that kept claiming he found Merc's and Rosie's out in the water. I tried it once with my ATpro and all I could find was cans, so I thought he was full of hot air. Then I ran into him at the same spot claiming he was finding both again, so I decided to give it one more try, this time I used my 3030, I dug all tones that was high, even the high chirps. This place is loaded with old rusty bottle caps and the more of them that I removed, the better the hunting got. I was only in water 2 ft deep max. That is about as deep as I will take my 3030 since I fried my first one, the first time I took it to the water. I won't get started on how the 3030 is really not too waterproof in my opinion. lol I did ask God for his forgiveness after thinking that guy was nothing but a liar and just liked to make up great sounding stories.

Dave

Thanks everybody for the comments. I hope to go back to that same spot this weekend and see if I can manage some more great finds. I plan on digging as much of the junk signals as I can to just see if my theory is correct. I think the old rusty bottle caps that are everywhere are masking a lot of good signals, so bottle caps here I come. lol

Dave

Wow, What a fantastic hunt. Thats one heck of a lot of Silver. Not to mention the rings. Great Job
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

thats a great hunt Dave , I hope you have continued success there
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album