Thread: Super 300

Super 300

I have three coils for use with my V3i. 4X6 shooter, the stock 10DD and the Super 300/12 inch coil. Most often I use the 10DD as it has good depth and the majority of my finds are less than 7 inch deep.

I have picked up a Large Cent at 11 inch and have located spent 22 cartridges at 6-7 inch with the 10DD.

I was wondering if any of you folk use the 12 inch on a regular basis. It is a bit heavy and when it comes to hunting in and around woods or brushy enviroments it is cumbersome.

I just can not seem to get the hang of this 12 inch coil except when hunting mowed lawns.
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Oldest Coin 1813 Large Cent
    Favorite Coin 1907 Barber Quarter

I'm no help on the Super 12 Beartoe. I use the 10x12SEF which is bad enough in brush. I'll bet that coil would be beautiful in an open field though.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

yes the bigger concentric coil doesn't get much more depth (if any at all) than the D2 it was designed for more coverage.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wanna borrow the redonkulous 18x15 coil mine came with Bear? A 12 will seem like a drink coaster after that.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Bri View Post
    Wanna borrow the redonkulous 18x15 coil mine came with Bear? A 12 will seem like a drink coaster after that.
    Does the 18X15 come with wheels
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    yes the bigger concentric coil doesn't get much more depth (if any at all) than the D2 it was designed for more coverage.
    Del is correct. I have used the Super12 coil on the MXT, DFX, and V3/V3i detectors. In all but very low mineralization strength soils the Super12 does not offer any depth advantage on the MXT, or V3/V3i. For some reason I got very deep performance on the DFX using the Super12 in combination with a Corrolate based program though. This was in moderate soil. I have a love/hate relationship with the D2 coil. With a good D2 coil you can really hit the deep ones on the V3, and the MXT. I have not used it much on the DFX. Here is a link to the program I had great success with on the DFX. I have included comments, and detail on how I came to choose the settings. I was really into the DX1 probe at the time so there is some info on it as well. I did recreate this program on the V3, but I just could not get the performance out of it...

http://home.comcast.net/~whitesdfx/Super12.pdf
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

[QUOTE
    http://home.comcast.net/~whitesdfx/Super12.pdf[/QUOTE]

Thank you Cybersage. An excellent bit of information
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Your welcome Beartoe! I hope it helps you with your coils choices. Please share your results with us. With the wide selection of settings, and coil choices there is still so much to learn. I really enjoy seeing what folks come up with regarding technique, and adjustments. Always room to learn more about this crazy hobby.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer