Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New English detecting Series

in my view you can keep your reality detecting shows this is more true to life anyway , well it is when i go detecting with the cronies i know !!!!!.
    i even got aloldstuff doing the silver dance the first time we went out together.
    still trying to crack mango , hes proving a hard nut to crack when it comes to being stupid , but i will get him........ohhhh yes i will get him .
    im just loving this show.

Love it too !!! It's broadcasted every Thursday on BBC4, so hopefully, episode 4 will very soon be out.

Episode 3 was just great and even funnier than the previous ones. I like the reference to the Staffordshire hoard... and also to Simon and Garfunkel !!

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    in my view you can keep your reality detecting shows this is more true to life anyway , well it is when i go detecting with the cronies i know !!!!!.

still trying to crack mango , hes proving a hard nut to crack when it comes to being stupid , but i will get him........ohhhh yes i will get him .
    I loved this Lee. I just have to find some silver worth the dance. Maybe a seated or a barber half or slq but def a real. A merc is hardly worth the happy dance and I think I only found that Rosie with u at the park with the many cyclists. No planting finds but once I get one of those I might just have to embarass myself..

The club meeting about buttons is spot on. The fact some people you door knock to are eccentric is correct. When you get to a site you think is gonna pop out some treasure you just wanna dive in instead of treating it like an archaeological dig making sure you cover specific areas....definitely. Being overjoyed only to pull up trash... we've all been there.

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    i even got aloldstuff doing the silver dance the first time we went out together.
    im just loving this show.
    Oh Lee, I was doing the silver dance long long ago
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Has anybody been able to view episode 4 off of Youtube?

2020:

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Has anybody been able to view episode 4 off of Youtube?
    No, it redirects to another link where you have to register to watch.

Also, the previous episodes seem to be gone from YouTube now? At least I can't find them.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    You Tube is showing me that it is not available in my country and when you go to BBC it also shows that it is only available for UK IP addresses. So here is a way to view it in the USA. It worked great for me. Episode 4 is available now. What is really nice is that the video is full screen and HD instead of having that big DETECTORIST marquee along the top like it did in Youtube..

I copied this work around from another forum so do not give me credit for figuring this out.

Windows 8 PC with Google Chrome browser installed but probably Windows 7 or less will work.. Mac owners are on their own....

Install the Chrome extension called Hola Better Internet which can be found here
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fbnlmeio?hl=en

Now click on the extension which can be found in the upper right and select Browse from United Kingdom

Now click on Popular sites in the lower right of that extension window

Select BBC and it should say it is unlocking it.

Search the BBC site for detectorists and then select play on the BBC Iplayer and it should open up...

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I finally did get to see it off of youtube. Yes Tony the previous episodes have been deleted.

In my opinion this episode was not as good as previous ones.....just saying

2020:

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    I finally did get to see it off of youtube. Yes Tony the previous episodes have been deleted.

In my opinion this episode was not as good as previous ones.....just saying
    My opinion as well , it seemed a bit long winded at times . Still a good show though . In the next two episodes we should be seeing more of Larry and " Simon and Garfunkel" their presences seem to heat it up a bit .I loaded Google up and after a bit of tribulation I got "Hola" . I was able to watch episode 4 and the preview for Five was there also .I passed on the preview of five because it was late and I was tired .So today I went back to "Hola" and of course now it's not working ( it seem's like Hola as been having a few problems on occasion lately . I'm looking forward to the final two episodes . If you go on you tube and look under Season 1 episode 4 Episodes 1,2,4 and 4 are there (yes 2-4's no 3 ) . bbc 4 has the first 4 episodes and the preview of five , better watch them while you can !.
    Last edited by Cheap Thrills; 10-25-2014 at 08:38 PM.

I got up early this morning, packed a lunch and made a thermos of coffee. Me and my four legged buddy were gonna go hunt all day. Unfortunately it started raining before the sun came up and here it is 7 hours later and it is still rainy, windy and cold.

I like british humor so thanks guys for giving me something to do. I am gonna go watch "Detectorist" on YouTube and Football on TV. The wife is gonna hate me.
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Oldest Coin 1813 Large Cent
    Favorite Coin 1907 Barber Quarter

Episode #5 is now showing and it is great !

Have all episodes with english subtitles so far. (Excuse my French) If ever needed...

Just watched episode 5.......great.

2020:

absolutely brilliant !!!!!!! great episode , i just cant miss a show now , im right there with em , hook , line , sinker , copy of angling times.
    "i need you back....i cant turn the telly on".....ha ha ha ....i think ive wet me self.

The seagull scene in the beginning said it all for poor Andy . You just knew it was coming .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    The seagull scene in the beginning said it all for poor Andy . You just knew it was coming .
    you're absolutely right....and I have a feeling that Andy and Lance are about to come out on top at the digging site.

2020:

its here.....episode 6 and omg its a good one.
    the open day is great one of the finds tables is lances "ring pulls through the ages" laughed my ass off.
    here is the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2dUHsCN69s

I've watched all the episodes, it's like a metal detecting soap

Thanks for the link Lee . It was a great episode and series .

Quote Originally Posted by giant056 View Post
    I've watched all the episodes, it's like a metal detecting soap
    that's so funny my wife said that to me I told her it was way better than her soaps lol
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer