Size:  100.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  102.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  59.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  100.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  102.1 KBI found this copper in March at the same cellar hole as my gold coin. It is ovular shaped, and bigger than a large cent. It has a mans bust facing right and the reverse shows some letters but I can't make it out. Anyone have a clue. (Oh and if the photos are upside down I'm sorry)
    Last edited by RIdirtdigger; 10-13-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

its going to be tough to tell with those photos as i can barely see the draped bust its next to. the best way to show off any detail on a coin is to set a light source off to the side of the coin so the light cast across the surface so the high spots cast shadows and gives the coin more contrast of detail.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Photos are sideswauhs
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Ok thanks, I'll find some better photos

Yes Jim, please get it under the right angle of sunlight. A little of angle can make a lot of difference.
    I <3 colonial relics!

Better photos of unknown copper

Name:  IMG_4098.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  60.9 KBName:  IMG_4099.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  70.6 KBName:  IMG_4100.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  60.6 KB