Thread: Kinda New

Kinda New

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but not that new to the hobby. I got my first detector back in 73 when I returned from an overseas assignment in the USAF. It was a Whites Coin Master IV which I used for about three years until I upgraded to 5000D, also by Whites. I started out the hobby as a coin shooter and did that for about 14 years until I got interested in Civil War Relic hunting. I have been doing the relic thing for the past 25 years. Thanks for adding me to the site.

Daniel,

Daniel , first off thank you for your service to our country . Your definitely my kind of guy , one who likes jeeps (great looking CJ by the way) and relic hunting . I would love to see some pictures of your most memorable recoveries and welcome to the forum.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois.
    I too would love to some photos of your finds.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Welcome from Illinois!

Glad you joined the forum, Daniel!

I, too, had a Whites 5000D back in the mid 1980s and boy did that thing wear my arm out!

You have been at this for many years and you must have quite a collection of finds by now. We are looking forward to your participation on the forum!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Welcome to the forum. I also am prior USAF--did 24 years, retiring in 2003. Like the others have said, I also look forward to seeing some of your best finds! HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Daniel from SE Wisconsin. It's good to have you with us.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

A big Texas welcome Daniel from another USAF ex. (3 yrs, 11 mos, 28 days & 14 hrs) Show us your finds & happy hunting.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Welcome from out in California! Sounds like we may be close in age as I was discharged from the Navy in late '72.
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to this site. It looks like I finally found a home......so to speak. Del, The CJ-7 is a 1985 model that I have had since 91 and which I turned into a woodie in 2003. It hasn`t seen mud, sleet, rain or snow in ten years...........lol SeabeeRon, My last duty assignment was at Castle AFB in Atwater, California. I got out in 1975 at the age of 24 and stayed in your fair state a couple of years to finish my schooling. Again, thanks all

Welcome from western MA. Glad you found us and am looking forward to seeing your finds. Thank you for your service, my niece is the AF recruiter for Long Island.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Hello and welcome from Washington state. Would like to see some of your finds!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Welcome from New York. USAF retired 27 years. Good luck hunting out there.

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Hi me bouy from the token neighbour to the north. Welcome to the forum!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

I'm glad you've joined us and look forward to your input!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Welcome aboard Dentron20. It looks like we have a few things in common. USAF, detecting and Kentucky. Where bouts are you located. I am NKY Florence area. Looking forward to seeing your finds.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.