I headed up to Massachusetts today after my college class got out to make a return trip to the cellar. The weather was a lot nicer this time around and it was actually quite warm. I headed into the woods with my AT pro and traveled to the cellar hole. I got a modern wrist watch a little way from the hole, only about 2 inches down and made of stainless steel. I get a mid tone to the side of it and out pops a colonial buckle frame. This got me very excited. After that I didn't find anything for a little bit until I got another mid tone close to the surface and out pops a gorgeous buckle with the iron clip inside. I was getting pretty excited. A little bit later I dug a flat button on the edge of the hole. So far no high tones though. After digging a few iron objects, I move a little bit to the side of the cellar and finally here that sweet melody of a high tone. The signal is coming in around 80-82. I have a feeling it is going to be a coin. I dig down 4 inches and hear a signal with my propointer. I then see a copper disk down in the hole. I pick it up wondering what it is, draped bust, CT copper? I very very lightly rub some dirt off of it and I see Britannica on the back so I immediately knew it was old. I was pretty pumped. After that copper I dug a piece to a colonial buckle. I was getting tired and was sweating like a pig. I started to head back to the house but got a 60's-70's signal on the path. I dig down about 5 inches and pull out a musket ball! This thing was fired too. I had a great day
After cleaning off my finds, I discover that my coin is a Woods Hibernia King George I halfpenny. This coin is my oldest coin ever although I can't quite get the date at the moment due to some gunk where the date is. What a great find!!! This cellar hole must be super old, probably pre revolutionary war. I can't wait to go back and hopefully dig some even better relics!!!Name:  IMG_5801.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  44.4 KBName:  IMG_5802.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  40.0 KBName:  IMG_5806.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  99.0 KBName:  IMG_5807.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  52.1 KBName:  IMG_5798.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  52.7 KBName:  IMG_5796.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  46.3 KBName:  IMG_5804.jpg