This morning I went back to Massachusetts to hit the cellar I recently discovered. The temperature was a lot cooler this time and with partly cloudy conditions, weather would not be a factor. I probably was detecting for around an hour before I get a signal. Its underneath I big fallen tree limb which is probably why I missed it. Its a mid tone but bouncy and large sized so I suspected it was going to be Iron. I was supposed to pull out a Pewter spoon, broken but still a good piece of it intact. That was right near the cellar hole. I move away from the cellar sort of wandering and a good distance away but still pretty close I get a iffy high tone. Its reading 79-83 in one direction but dropping into the 60's in the other. So I dig...and dig...and dig.. until I am down about 9-10 inches and I am thinking to myself, the only thing this deep could be iron. I take my propointer and find my target and its not iron. Its a copper, very worn and pretty thin. I am pumped cause I did not expect it to be a copper. I couldn't identify it well in the field so I continued hunting. I eventually move out of the woods and hunt my grandmothers (now uncles) yard. I was just surveying the yard to see if anything was there. All of the targets were shallower than 4 inches so I was surprised to pop out several wheats. I also found an intact toy gun which for all I know, could have been my fathers or uncles back in the 60's and 70's. Anyway after the hunt I take a closer look at the copper. I think it is a 1701 King William III halfpenny. If it is that would be my new oldest coin. I have some close up pics so you can see for yourself. Either way, what an awesome hunt!!!Name:  IMG_4076.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  30.8 KBName:  IMG_4075.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  43.0 KBName:  IMG_4072.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  45.8 KBName:  IMG_4066.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  50.7 KBName:  IMG_4067.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  52.6 KBName:  IMG_4070.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  50.0 KB