Hi Guys,
The v3i is a very good detector and i have found it is a lot tighter in setup compared to the e-trak. Using here in OZ i am really rapped at its seperation in between aluminium screw caps, shirt buttons ,brass eyelets. lead sinkers etc, with our coinage when cherry picking. I use coin and jewellery to accept our $1 and $2 coins with 3 vdi in front of the vdi of the coin 51, 52,53, $2 coin 54, $1 coin 55, 56.57.58.59,60.

I have a second Mixed Mode program which i accept discrimination on all vdi accept -95 and +95 and accept the toneal value to 54 for the $2 coin. And i use coin in 2.5 frequency non normalised for the seperation on the $1 coin. One thing which helps to id a screw cap is to swing over the coin from right to left at a faster speed than normal searching and you notice the coin the 3 bars are in a straight line where as the screw cap their will be two bars on the bottom on top of each other with the top one to the right. I feel Whites have done a great job with this detector but any more advancements in the future would be brilliant. The first manufacturer who can bring out a detector that only accepts round objects and can get rid of pull tabs to get the gold rings will make a killing.

Regards Pinpointa.