Thread: Swingin' & Diggin' with FireFighter43

Swingin' & Diggin' with FireFighter43

It all started about a month or less ago. Jeff contacted me, asks me if I'd like to hook up for a hunt before the ground freezes? I said sure! Then he tells me he's trying to line up permission for a old camp ground site. He asked if he could line up a day, would I be interested in coming up and hunting it with him? Heck yeah! So Friday was "the day"! I was so excited, I couldn't sleep Thursday night. I got about a hour and half of sleep before I left at 6 a.m. Friday morning. But with all the adrenalin running through me sleep was out of the question for now. Meet up with Jeff around 8:30 at a predetermined spot and we were swinging by 9. It took us a little while to make our way around the place. Took a little longer than we thought but shortly after we started Jeff got a wheat at 6 inches. And then ....... it began!! We found where the oldies were running, what they were sounding like, how the machines were deciphering them or displaying them back to us. And we were off! By lunch time I had a silver war nickle, a Washington quarter, and a Rosie! Plus around 20 or 25 wheat pennies. A lot of the wheaties were ringing up low. Usually for me wheaties are 42, 43 Co. 85% of these wheaties rang up 41Co. or even lower! Most of the oldies were deep. Around the 6 to 8 inch mark for the most part. I did get a few only a couple inches or so. By the end of the day I picked up a total of 7 silver coins and count them..... 47 wheaties!! Thats almost a whole roll of wheaties!!! We met at the vehicles at 4:30. We hunted for 7 hours and here's all my keepers for the day.

Silvers are: 45D, 62D Washington quarters, 42S Merc, 61D, 51 Rosies, and 45D, 43P war nickles.

As always, THANK YOU JEFF!!

Thanks for lookin' & HH!!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

That is a whole handful of treasure. Good hunting
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Oldest Coin 1813 Large Cent
    Favorite Coin 1907 Barber Quarter

Great job Tim. 54 Keepers. what a great day you had.
    congrats on an awesome day of hunting
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Dang Timmy!! That is a HUGE bunch of keepers! Congrats and that was really nice of Jeff to share his spot with you. Of course he's got something like 9,000 silvers this year so he is good at finding them spots. HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Congrats again on a great hunt Tim, 47 wheats you got me by 2 that day. It is always a pleasure to hunt with you and I'm looking forward to part 2.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Dang Timmy!! That is a HUGE bunch of keepers! Congrats and that was really nice of Jeff to share his spot with you. Of course he's got something like 9,000 silvers this year so he is good at finding them spots. HH, Dave.
    9000!! Only in my wildest TH dreams. LOL

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Tim, you tore it up...... Seven silvers and 47 wheat's is a huge haul for a day of digging. I bet that as the day was progressing you forgot all about not sleeping.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Wow, you guys had an amazing day! That's a LOT of old coins!

I bet you were wore out from digging so many targets, but wore out in a good way.

Were there a lot of clad coins at this site too?

Congrats on the awesome hunt, Tim!
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 10-28-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Beartoe View Post
    That is a whole handful of treasure. Good hunting
    Thanks Beartoe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    Great job Tim. 54 Keepers. what a great day you had.
    congrats on an awesome day of hunting
    Thanks Don!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Thanks Dave! It is extremely nice of Jeff to share his places with me! I can't thank him enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fighter 43 View Post
    Congrats again on a great hunt Tim, 47 wheats you got me by 2 that day. It is always a pleasure to hunt with you and I'm looking forward to part 2.
    Thanks again Jeff! It was a nice day weather-wise for us for once! Oh I'm lookin' forward to part #2 too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Tim, you tore it up...... Seven silvers and 47 wheat's is a huge haul for a day of digging. I bet that as the day was progressing you forgot all about not sleeping.
    Thanks Al! It was defiantly a great day! I forgot all about not sleeping the night before untill about 9 o'clock while I was at my sons football game .... boom! I just hit the wall! My eyes were closing during the 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Wow, you guys had an amazing day! That's a LOT of old coins!

I bet you were wore out from digging so many targets, but wore out in a good way.

Was there a lot of clad coins at this site too?

Congrats on the awesome hunt, Tim!
    Thanks Tony! Worn out yes. Worn out in a good way? Defiantly!!! It's pretty hard to get tired when the possibility of silver is constantly lurking! Was there a lot of clad? Oh boy is there clad. And there is some deeeep clad too!
    I got $8 in quarters, $2 in dimes, 6 nickles, and (i think) 32 pennies.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

That's an awesome hunt you guys had . A nice bunch of finds for sure . I love those older Washingtons
    when they have a bit of wear to them , it gives them character .

Congrats on a great hunt! Great bunch of finds!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

that is a hand full Tim , congrats you both did very well
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album