Thread: Cellar hole ghost

Cellar hole ghost

A buddy of my fathers owns a house out in one in a very rural part of Rhode Island. He owns many acres behind the house and being an avid deer hunter, has set up various trail cams. On a late September evening in 2013, a ghostly figure was seen on one camera, appearing to be wearing a heavy jacket and a fedora hat. Attempts to replicate this by running past the camera and speeding past in a four-wheeler failed. All the images were super blurry and did not work. Now, the camera is infrared so it detects changes in heat making it very likely to pick up a ghost. Now very close by, is an old well which I detected with my ace 350 about a month after the ghost sighting. I did not find much but I had just received the machine. I know for a fact there is a home site nearby as people who lived there as children are still alive but in there 90's. There is also some revolutionary war history in the area which sounds promising. I will never know who this ghost was but its very possible it could be one of the local ghosts or a person who inhabited the home site, so very long ago. Name:  IMG_6138.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  107.4 KBName:  IMG_6137.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  69.5 KB
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

pretty creepy photo , I've often felt like i was being watched or someone was close by when detecting some cellar sites. Its an eerie feeling.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Maybe the ghost is watching over a large buried treasure in the area, never know. Hope you are able to find the old home site and search it.
    Detector: White's MXT
    Oldest Coin Found: 1906 Indian Head Penny
    Best Coin Found: 1909-S Lincoln Wheat Penny
    Found First Silver Coin At 9yrs Old: 1907 Barber Dime

Very interesting indeed. Dan, I to sometimes get that feeling and sometimes think I see something out of the corner of my eye.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Cool photo.

Two questions; do ghosties exhibit heat signatures? AND is that a ghostie dog in the foreground?
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Oldest Coin 1813 Large Cent
    Favorite Coin 1907 Barber Quarter

Warm air rising out of the well (spinning as it rises)?
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Warm air rising out of the well (spinning as it rises)?

I like the ghost story better.
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Oldest Coin 1813 Large Cent
    Favorite Coin 1907 Barber Quarter

well The well isn't located directly in the area of this ghost but its nearbye
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button