No school today for me due to Veterans day so I headed into the woods to detect an old farmstead that I last detecting in May. In the spring I found an 1865 indian and an 1864 two cent piece. Today I basically got skunked for the first hour but then hit a certain hot area near one of the cellar holes. Dug a spoon and a button. Also dug lots of iron which was giving off a lot of false signals. Then I headed into the cellar and picked up what looks to be a late colonial knee buckle. It still moves too ! I then got a mid tone and dug. Right away I noticed glass, nails, and oyster shells in the hole. It looks like a trash pit. I am moving my pinpointer around and suddenly I notice a bottle. My pinpointer is beeping over the bottle so I get super excited and think "Its beeping cause its filled with silver coins!". I got a little too ahead of myself there. Turns out the bottle is empty and a iron object underneath it is causing the signal. Nice bottle though. The front says "This bottle not to be sold" and the bottom says "Karl Hutter, New York" Haven't dug a bottle in a few months. I will probably go back and dig out that that trash pit to see if there is anything else there. Overall I will say I had a pretty decent hunt. Happy Veterans day!!! Name:  IMG_4111.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  43.3 KBName:  IMG_4112.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  46.3 KBName:  IMG_4113.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  51.0 KBName:  IMG_4115.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  49.2 KBName:  IMG_4118.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  40.8 KBName:  IMG_4117.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  52.1 KBName:  IMG_4116.jpg