This is a combination of a short hunt I did yesterday evening after class and a todays hunt. Yesterday I went to a spot which I had hammered with my bounty hunter and ace 350. I had never used the AT pro there so I was anxious to see how much stuff I missed. Right of the bat I get a midtone and dig a flat button, my first from this site and what's cool about it is the thread is still around the shank. Really cool. I swing around the cellar and I get a 91-92 signal an inch away from the edge of the foundation. I dig down about 1-2 inches and put my propointer into the hole. I notice the edge of a copper disc sticking out and I reach to pick it up. I turn it over and notice it has holes in it. I thought it was the top of a salt shaker or some strange token. I start to brush it off and I see a head appear and the words Liberty become visible. Turns out its a 1834 Matron Head large cent that someone drilled 8 holes in but didn't drill it all the way through. Very strange considering I dug another large cent in the spring that has been shot 5 times or so. I just don't get what they were trying to do with this one. After digging the largie I headed home because it was getting dark.
Today I had no class because of a cancellation so I decided to head back to some of my cellars since I hadn't hit them with the 5x8 coil yet. I go to a cellar and get a 60's signal about 2 inches deep and pull out a small flat button with the shank crushed. I move over in the same general area and get another mid tone and pull out a compass but its made of plastic and modern. Still a first for me, I've never dug a compass before. I decide to head back to the cellar I went to on Veterans day and look for stuff I missed. I probably dug about 7 shot gun shells right around the cellar hole itself. That frustrated me so I moved away from the cellar and got a faint tone bouncing from iron numbers all the way up to 93 but its repeatable from all sides so I dig it. I dig a massive plug and get a signal about 10 inches deep. I expect it to be a nail. Instead I pull out a lead toy soldier, complete with the head and everything. It looks old and the soldier looks British or European in nature. My first toy soldier ever!!! I move on to the area where I dug that bottle last week and get a shallow signal in the 60's. I dig a small hole and use the pinpointer to pull out a brass pipe. Its very ornate, I've never seen one like it before buts its awesome. I don't know what it was used for there's no hole to inhale the smoke with. Any ideas? Also got a part to a lantern. I'd say I had a pretty successful hunt!Name:  IMG_4153.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  46.5 KBName:  IMG_4155.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  36.1 KBName:  IMG_4156.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  37.5 KBName:  IMG_4157.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  38.4 KBName:  IMG_4145.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  20.9 KBName:  IMG_4147.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  22.0 KBName:  IMG_4150.jpg