Thread: Today and the past weeks hunts at Several Cellars

Today and the past weeks hunts at Several Cellars

This past week I went metal detecting at a few cellars. On Tuesday I met up with fellow detectorist and member of the forum Sam. We hit up a few cellar holes in Massachusetts but didn't really find much. Most of the cellars were either hunted out or trashed. I did get what looks like a dandy button and a relic with the words Pat. 1867 on it so that's pretty cool. Sam found part to a reins guide. On Friday Sam met me in snow covered Northern Rhode Island to detect another cellar. It was close to the road and was hunted before. We found some shot gun shells, brass shell casings and stuff. I did manage to pull a flat button with a backmark that reads "London Superfine Colour" which is pretty cool. I also found an old pocket knife. Today I went out by myself to another cellar in the woods. Its been hunted hard before, the lack of targets and the iron left on rocks was the telltale sign. I found some iron but was able to find what looks like a Victorian era umbrella relic. I also got a button with what looks like a G on it but its in terrible shape. Hopefully can get to some better sites in the upcoming days. Happy hunting everyone! Name:  IMG_4304.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  37.7 KBName:  IMG_4311.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  45.1 KBName:  IMG_4309.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  41.6 KBName:  IMG_4307.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  41.7 KBName:  IMG_4306.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  47.1 KBName:  IMG_4305.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  35.3 KBName:  IMG_4308.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  37.6 KB
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Hey Dirtdigger, too bad we couldn't get together this weekend. Maybe next weekend. I bet you can find what was patented on April 2 in 1861. Nice pics!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice to see that you are still getting out. A back marked button and anything with a patent date on it are good finds in my book. Looking forward to your future finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Nice finds, it is nice to see such posts showing that wonderful things don't have to be coins or jewelry or such. Thanks!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

cool finds,tough when cellar holes are pounded but ya braved it out and found a few keepers.I dont think thats a G in the center of button but,rather a circular "target" like pattern that starts in center and goes all the way out to edge
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Good to see you got a few keepers despite the heavily hunted nature of the sites. Goes to show you there's always a few more goodies lying in wait at most sites.

-John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos