Thread: 1915 Home Finds

1915 Home Finds

Hello everyone,

So I was granted permission to hunt a home built in 1915!!! (Its my Grandmother in-law, so didn't have to bargain much ) I had my first of I'm sure many runs here, but only found a bunch and I mean a BUNCH of nails since her husband was a carpenter and help build the homes in all of the neighborhood! (She's 93 and still kickin! ) it was pretty annoying and discouraging finding so many nails but I'm sure I'll have to make 2 or 3 more runs here before I start finding anything good. Just gotta clean up the place a bit (nails,pull tabs,bottle caps, etc...)

Also , they have a general idea of where a my mother in law lost her grandmother's wedding ring in a garden years ago, so I'll be searching for that! I am determined to find it, clean it up, and return it to them!

First image- Not too sure what the rock looking thing is. Kept giving me a sound and its heavier than a regular rock so I'll have to clean it up!

Second Image- 30-30 Winchester Rifle Cartridge, pretty cool since my wife's family has this rifle still.

Sixth Image- Found two big ole heavy axe heads! Those were cool to find.

P.S. Any help with changing the setting of my Ace 250 to stop the nails from coming up would be great! I know I'll have to dig up plenty of them but if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it!

HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Nice! Looks like a fun place to hunt. Might even find some family heirlooms. Those nails often sound too good to pass up even on the big $$$ machines. What is that in the 3rd pic...a jar of mustard
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

A tip to "try" to eliminate some nails, use the pinpoint button and slowly draw the coil back towards you if the signal drops off quickly instead of dragging on a bit then it is a better chance of being a good target. That said you still will dig nails no matter what machine you use. Just keep with it and remember what each target you dig sounds like use each piece of junk you dig as a learning experience. HH!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Sounds like a promising place to hunt. Perhaps turning the sensitivity down and listening in all metal mode. Can get bothersome hearing all of the iron, but will let some of the fainter good signals through too.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Interesting about the rifle....I bet you'll find lots more there!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew