Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy....sorta

New guy....sorta

Howdy, I was member of this forum awhile back when it first opened up. I vanished from the face of the earth but I'm back. Life got in the way, had a lot of stuff happen at once and various life altering changes over the past few years and things are finally settling down enough that I can devote some time to a hobby I really had/have a passion for. I hope it's like riding a bike? I'm planning on using this winter as a "research" period and will have a new detector when the thaw hits in the spring. I'm sure a lot of new cool things have been brought to market over the years and I can't wait to learn about them.
    I joined here because I see a lot of familiar names and know I called quit a few of you friends back when I was active in the detecting world. Unfortunately I did not hold up my end of the friendship when I just up and vanished without a word...but like I said..life got in the way. I apologize for ghosting out and hopefully I can rebuild some of those friendships.
    My name is Kris, I use to go by "RelicHound" on the various forums I participated in. I have a passion for history, love relic hunting. I'm from SW Indiana. I've been happily married for 11 years and have 2 wonderful little girls, one is 12 going on 18 and the other just turned 4.
    I'm excited about getting back into this wonderful hobby and can't wait to start learning and sharing.

Hello Kris , welcome back to the forum and to the hobby . Life is always happening , there is no need for an apology . glad to have you back .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I'm glad things are slowing down for you. Maybe your oldest will have some interest in detecting. Welcome back Kris!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Welcome from western MA and a big welcome back to the hobby. Looking forward to your future participation and of course your finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome back, Kris! Are you near Evansville? I used to hang out there a lot back in the 1980s when I lived in southern Illinois.

Glad to have you back in the hobby and on the forum! I hope you are back out there finding good stuff real soon!

Tony
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Welcome back to the forum! I am sure you have had your hands full with 2 kids. Mine are 9 and 10 (girls) so you can imagine how fun it is being the only guy in the house when everyone is screaming at everyone. I just go hide in my mancave! Where at in SW Indiana? I'm in SW Illinois, closer to STL. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Welcome Back!

Hey Kris, glad to see you here and that you alive and kicking!! Welcome back!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Thanks for the greetings!
    Yes, I live near Evansville...kinda the same distance between Mt Vernon and Evansville.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Welcome back to the forum! I am sure you have had your hands full with 2 kids. Mine are 9 and 10 (girls) so you can imagine how fun it is being the only guy in the house when everyone is screaming at everyone. I just go hide in my mancave! Where at in SW Indiana? I'm in SW Illinois, closer to STL. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    I've lived my whole life in a house full of girls...I'm not sure I'll ever get use to it lol. My youngest has quit a bit to do with why I vanished, she was born with Down syndrome and had some heart issues so the past few years have been constant running around from doc to doc...but we got some awesome news this year...the heart issues are gone and she is now a healthy 4 year old. My oldest is my hunting and fishing buddy..she loves to go deer hunting and catfishing with me, so hopefully she will be into metal detecting as well.

Hi Kris. I'm glad you found your way back and that your daughters health is getting better. There isn't much worse than worrying about the kids. I get down to Evansville area a couple times a year. found a nice silver ring in the park over in Henderson. I'll send a note on my next visit I always travel with my detector.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Welcome back and what great news about your daughter! Happy hunting.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

I Love Lamp!
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    I Love Lamp!
    Me too!

Good to see you buddy!

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    Good to see you buddy!
    I see you traded up the DFX for a V3....how was the switch? Is the Vision comparable to the DFX?

Is HeavyMetalNut,Lowjiber,Snowy,Krom and the others still around? Nice to see del,CS and the ole SeaBee is still around. Where is the rest of the crew?

HEAVYMETALNUT , Lowjiber are here often but Snowy and Krom (Donna & Joe) are unfortunately only on once in a while but there are a whole bunch of great "newer" members.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    I see you traded up the DFX for a V3....how was the switch? Is the Vision comparable to the DFX?

The V3 has hung on the wall for a couple of years now. I went to the Dark side. I am using an E-Trac now, and have found a lot of Silver in the same old parks I have hunted for years. You just can't beat the ET. The V3 was a nice upgrade from the DFX, and still on average runs deeper than the E-Trac in moderate soils, but I think there are more coins lost to trash, than lost to depth, and this is where the ET excels.

Jack