Thread: Jumping in feet first

Jumping in feet first

It's been 7-8 years since I've swung a detector...I had planned on next spring being my first time back into the swing of things, but this weekend is suppose to be nice so I made a few calls, got permission to hunt an old GAR gathering spot in my old home town and talked my dad into going with me. He owns my old XLT so I'll be swinging that. I'm excited about spending some time with pops and also getting back into digging...it's been a long time since I've had the chance to do either of those. We'll see if I still "have it" or not.

Hey I hope you do well but more importantly enjoy yourself with your dad together.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

It's just like riding a bike!

I had about an 11 year hiatus in my detecting. When I got my E-Trac in February of 2011 I got back into the swing of things pretty quickly.

I hope you have a great hunt with your dad. Enjoy your quality time together!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Good Luck this weekend. I'll be looking forward to seeing how you did.

Have a great time with your dad
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Good luck this weekend I'm sure you will have lots of fun with your dad
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Good luck Kris!! I seem to remember some great finds you and your dad made in the past!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    Good luck Kris!! I seem to remember some great finds you and your dad made in the past!!
    Thanks. Yeppers...we tried. When we got together, something good was always found. He's still hard at it, he has made some pretty impressive finds over the past few years. It's rare that we get a day together...we both work a lot of hours plus the distance we live from each other. We did have a couple chances this fall to go deer hunting together...which was nice.

Enjoy your precious time with your Dad, no find is greater than that.

Well...unfortunately, dad had to back out. He was called in to work. He and mom visited today and dropped a machine off for me to use, so I'll fly solo tomorrow. Not sure where I'm gonna go...reckon I'll just play it by ear.

Glad you are rejoining the hobby. Great that you will be spending time with your Dad!

Went alone. Was a pretty good morning...found a few flat buttons and an ink well topper at the first place...then hit an old park and found lots of clad and lucked out on 3 silver dimes and a small gold band. I'll post pics later when I have a chance to clean everything a bit. I forgot how much you used your leg muscles...I'm already sore.

Silver and gold! Nice job, Relic! Too bad your dad couldn't go but glad you got out and found some goodies.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.