Thread: First time out in several years *silver&gold*

First time out in several years *silver&gold*

I had plans on doing some relic hunting this weekend with my dad, but he had to back out last minute, so I went solo. I started out hunting a field where a school house stood in the late 1800s. In the past it's given it up a lot of good coins and relics..no coins today, but I did end up with an ink well topper and a few buttons and some sort of other relic...looks like stacked cannon balls to me...reckon it could be grapes..dunno. And I also found what I thought was a fired shotgun slug, but after washing it off, I can see it has engraving on it, a rainbow with what looks like a guy sitting against a tree with a fishing pole in his hand.
    After that, I decided to hunt an old park that gets hit pretty hard...figured it would be a good place to get back into the swing of things and to remind myself how much I hate pull tabs.
    My very first signal there turned out to be a 14k wedding band. Then I remembered how "trashy" the park is...after about 50 or so pull tabs, I got myself into "coin mode" and started ignoring everything else. I slowed down and kept my coil tight and started finding coins in the trash pretty consistently...was fooled by a "clippy" pull tab every now and then that would chirp like deep silver...but in the end I had 3 silvers...4 if you include the war nickel and a bit of clad. I figure I'll go back to that park after I get my new detector and learn how to use it...I know that park has tons more silver and gold to cough up.

Holy Cow! You came out of the gate swinging my friend! I'd say you never even got rusty during your hiatus from detecting. Congrats on some great finds. A gold ring as your first signal...that's got to be some sort of record! HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

He's back......WOW, gold and silver in your 1st time out after your "retirement". Very impressive.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I still haven't found Gold. That's a great find. and 4 silvers to boot.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Wow Great Hunt nice gold ring and 4 silver coins to boot I've yet to dig a war nickel so I'd count that congrats on a great first hunt in a long time
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Sweet treasure ! Congrats
    Always looking for that next ring !!

You certainly didn't lose your touch for metal detecting congrats on a great bunch of finds

Thanks folks. It was just nice to get out...the finds are just icing on the cake.

Welcome back from retirement. That is quite an amazing debut after several years without detecting. You got silver, gold, clad, and relics. Can't really beat that. Once again welcome back and
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Coming back that strong ought to have you feeling pretty good. what detector do you have coming?

RON
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Doesn't look like you lost your touch after all that time off. Nice assortment of goodies!
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

Quote Originally Posted by Ronandari View Post
    Coming back that strong ought to have you feeling pretty good. what detector do you have coming?

RON
    No idea yet. I'm still in the not enough mon...err I mean.."research" stage. I'm seriously considering an E-trac. I was always a Whites and Tesoro guy...but the E-trac's capabilities are hard to ignore. The Minelab Safari is still on the table as well. I always wanted a Minelab Quattro back in the day..and the Safari seems to be a better version of that.

WOW!!!! No need to upgrade now. You have the midas touch with what you have. Keep on pulling the good stuff.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Just like riding a bike!

You definitely didn't lose your touch! Incredible finds! That 14K ring was a very lucky find.

Good job!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Bravo!!!