Thread: One thing I really like about this forum...

One thing I really like about this forum...

This may seem trivial, but showing the location of the poster on the left is really helpful.
    I've too often on other forums seen posters post their finds, leaving me wonder
    where is the world this guy found that. Love to see remarks stating found at...
    church, school, park, how deep it was etc...
    Just my two cents.......
    *Missouri* E-trac Sunray X1* Oldest 1836 1/4 Real* Oldest Silver 1853 Half Dime * Nicest 1861 Seated Liberty* Gold Pocket Watch* 1904 Worlds Fair Ring*

I have my location (state) on a a few forums along with my birth date as well. I usually always say if I made the finds in a park, schoolyard, house site etc., a lot of times I'll even say the specific place because it's usually a park thats been hammered for a long time. When you're in the same local and if you're really into metal detecting I'm sure you research the area if you don't already know it. I've lived here in the same town all my life so I immediately went for places I remember as a kid that were old then when I first started, well I was off to a roaring start and that was right around 89 when I was hook line and sinker'd. When I say how deep something is I usually say right on top, a couple inches down, fairly deep, and really deep.

I've always liked that too. It helps when guys are finding LCs or colonial buckles or big piles of 3 ringers
    It helps explain some of those questions.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime