Thread: Rev War Military, and Rare Blacksmith token!

Rev War Military, and Rare Blacksmith token!

Today is my 15th anniversary for finding my first old coins detecting , and we did an anniversary hunt and damn was it a hunt! We started back where I had dug the early military from last post and did ok there, then walked to the middle of the next field and found a little more, walked to the bottom and found more, crossed the river and found a little site where Rev War pewters were flying... and then even one final new site which gave up quite a few small buttons and each a large copper, but little else.

The day was great. 10 large coppers, Large Rev War era Navy officer button, 4 RPs, and a crude anchor that I have no idea about, and is not in the books... but sure gives the impression of Continental Navy!

So I get home and am looking over the coppers, and cleaning what I can, and see one that catches my attention and think..... hmmm... is that what I think it might be... well probably not. I even set it aside and forget about it for 20 minutes looking at everything else.... but the 2nd time it got my attention I grabbed my book and immediately turned to the Blacksmith section and bam! What a way to celebrate my 15th Anniversary of finding my first old coins by finding my first blacksmith token! She is not beautiful, but I have been waiting most of those 15 years to get one and strange this happened to be the day. And it's a fairly rare one too!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Happy Anniversary !! It's awesome that you found something you really wanted on this date .

Happy anniversary, and well done! Glad you had such a great day detecting. Congrats on the blacksmith token-I've never seen one!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

...Never heard of a blacksmith token. Interesting finds. I see some details on the coppers, but no close ups so they must be less interesting.

WTG IP on a BIG score for your 15th Anniv!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

WoW great hunt! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    ...Never heard of a blacksmith token. Interesting finds. I see some details on the coppers, but no close ups so they must be less interesting.

Yes, I've dug 30 my last three hunts and only the Blacksmith do to what it is, and not the condition, goes in with my keepers and not on my coin display. Many are identifiable but either warn or corroded or both.

Unreal Patch. Just shaking my head here.
    What is the 4th pic down...with the T on it? I think I found one of those.
    That is some record breaking digging you have going on!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Unreal Patch. Just shaking my head here.
    What is the 4th pic down...with the T on it? I think I found one of those.
    That is some record breaking digging you have going on!

It looks like a crude anchor button. Was dug with the RP buttons. Basically that's all that was at that particular little site.

What an anniversary hunt Patch !!! I all the rev war era buttons and items but the Blacksmith token is the find of the hunt , great early coinage sir !!

on a side note i started almost the exact same time as you for old colonial coins and relics , my first old coin find was a 1782 counterfeit KGIII Hibernia , its not much to look at but very sentimental as it hooked me and started my passion for such finds .

here is to another successful 15 Patch

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member
    It's amazing to hold that history. Just think of the last person to hold those items. Amazing stuff. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

on a fantastic 15th anniversary hunt. I also had never heard of a blacksmith token, huge congrats on that find. Overall a hunt that all of us dream of having.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album