Thread: Santa Cruz Beach Hunt With ACE 250

Santa Cruz Beach Hunt With ACE 250

Hello my Fellow hunters !
    So I tried out the ACE 250 at Santa Cruz and got some odd results.... First I tried out a smaller beach near Santa Cruz, just to get used to the new grounds and found some modern clad, bottle caps, pull tabs, etc...pretty accurate, no false signals... But when I got to the board walk my machine started going crazy! It was beeping like crazy, giving false signals.... I looked up a settings on YouTube for salt water beaches and changed the sensitivity to 4 bars and set the detector to jewelry mode. The machine stopped beeping all crazy and seemed to work out although no luck any finds there. I'll probably give it another shot in a few weeks.
    Happy Hunting !
    Name:  0104151237.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  0104151236.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  47.9 KB

I've hunted that beach a bunch.

There is a member (SeabeeRon) who is a master on that beach. See if you can hook up with him... he's the best hunting partner I ever had. (Don't tell him I said that.)
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Good luck with your next hunt, it looks like you dug the right stuff to find the good stuff. I can see gold in your future.

Dave
    An Honest Man Is God's Noblest Work

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    I've hunted that beach a bunch.

There is a member (SeabeeRon) who is a master on that beach. See if you can hook up with him... he's the best hunting partner I ever had. (Don't tell him I said that.)
    Hey Lowjiber,
    Thanks for the response. Did you have any luck at this beach? I know there's a lot of traffic here so I'm hoping that means some good finds!
    Happy Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by dpdave38 View Post
    Good luck with your next hunt, it looks like you dug the right stuff to find the good stuff. I can see gold in your future.

Dave
    I hope you're right Dave! I'm still waiting to find my first gold! I know it's going to take a lot of patience, but I'm still learning....
    Happy Hunting

Thanks for the props John,but you exaggerate any skills I may have, just LUCK!!
    Welcome MoneyMan! The Main Beach at the Boardwalk does get allot of depositors, but it also gets a ton of crazy folks like us swinging detectors!!
    This time of year is pretty slow for tourists, so the finds are fewer. We have not had any good storms to move any sand to get down to the older stuff either.
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.