Thread: Battery adapter for Whites Eagle Spectrum?

Battery adapter for Whites Eagle Spectrum?

Hi gang, I have seen a few references to a battery adapter for the Eagle,so it could use AA's but have been unable to find out any more than they exist. Anyone have plans, schematics, part #'s for these things. I like to tinker and build things, and it would be nice to cut down on the number of different batteries needed for a days detecting.

Thanks, Bill

I only found a pack for the spectrum using 'C' cells. Maybe ask white's about them. I believe in the manual it says to wear the batteries down a bit in a flashlight first before using them because over 6V overloads it. I am sure they just used 4 C cells in series to get the 6V. If you want to achieve using specifically the 'AA' type, you might have to make your own from a holder of 12 or 16 AA as long as it fits in the unit. Have 3 [or 4] in parallel, and then three more groups of such, each in series. The reason they use the C cell is because they have longer life than the 'AA'. A higher Amp-hour... or more like miliamp-hour. Just add a diode rated for 1A at the positive terminal so that you can achieve 5.5V from a 6V battery pack without the need to drain the batteries in a flashlight before using.

Thanks, Ill see what I can create.

If I was going to start using my Eagle on a regular basis which I don't plan on doing I would probably try the nimh rechargeables with a good charger. A few months ago I converted my old battery packs to the rechargeable 2800ma EBL's and they are really doing a fantastic job in my V3i

Thanks. I will look into them. Any good sources?

They are about $10.00 if you have a Spectrum XLT made to take the NiCad battery pack not the C battery pack. White's will be able to help you.

The Eagle spectrum if that is the one you have uses the C battery adaptor the AA adaptor is used in the spectrum XLT & spectrum XLT-E