Thread: Minelab 705

Minelab 705

Hey guys pretty new to the forum. I've been detecting for about a year and a half now and I was just wanting your input on something and thought some minelab guys would be the best to ask. I started out with an ace 350 then to the AT Pro and now the AT Gold. I currently have someone that wants to trade a minelab 705 for my AT Gold. Can anybody give me any info on how the 2 stack up? I've always had Garrett but I really want to cross over to the minelab family. Thanks so much for your time viewing and thanks for your comments!!

Blog Entries
    Hey fireman,
    I recently traded my AT pro for a Minelab Safari and COULD NOT be happier. I am trading in my Tek Omega for a Xterra 705 and should have it in a few days.
    I thought the tones of the minelab would be confusing.... but I was wrong. They are amazing once you learn them.
    Also, something to be very aware of.....
    The minelabs are a little slower in recovery than the AT series machines and require a little slower sweep speed. BUT, they dont miss targets as much as most other machines.
    IMHO, the Minelabs are the best machines out there. Never thought I would say that, but im convinced now.
    Just take a good amount of time to get to know that 705, and youll be happy with it.
    Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero & Silver uMax.

Thanks Kenny good to know! Deal fell through on the 705 on the hopes of trading for a safari. Really want the multi frequency. Lol so now I have 2 detectors for trade for one. That's how bad I got it!!

Blog Entries
    Fireman, if youre looking to trade your AT...... call Keith @ Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. He does great trade deals. I recommend him highly.

Does he take trades on used detectors or just new detectors?

also..... How did you get someone to trade you the safari for the pro? Man Ive been trying for a while. You must have put some money with the trade

Hey fireman109, just curious here.

I read you had the AT Pro than got the AT Gold. Did you find any difference between the two?
    I was thinking about picking up a AT Pro as well. Do you have any pro's and con's on these two models?
    Garrett AT Max
    Garrett AT Gold
    Garrett AT Pro

Blog Entries
    Fort Bedford Detectors takes used machines in on trades..... along with some cash.
    Keith gave me a good price on my ATP on the Safari.

Well from my experience the AT Gold is deeper. Weird because of the small coil. I truly believe it hits way harder on coins than my pro did. I ran both the same always zero discrimination with no iron discrimination. I get way clearer signals with the gold also. AT Pro always had scratchy signals unless the target was close to the surface.

Thanks for the come back and information!
    Garrett AT Max
    Garrett AT Gold
    Garrett AT Pro

I recently purchased the X-Terra 705 gold pack myself and could not be happier! Talk about finding even the smallest targets and incredible depth-so far I have picked up a partial paperclip at 12 inches, a silver dime at 14, and a quarter at 18 plus, not to mention an old rusty gallon paint can at over 24 (yeah, 30 minutes digging for junk-learning experience for sure!). But even in the most difficult area I have been in so far-heavy wet and caked dry black sand-with some manual tweaking of the settings for optimum resolution I was still getting very good performance where I was led to believe i would not get anything without a pulse type detector (at over twice the price). So from my experience so far, you can't go wrong with the Minelabs unit!

The AT Gold is a better machine IMHO. I used to have the 705, not a bad machine at all, but heavy and slow.

Blog Entries
    The 705 is not slow at all! The fbs Minelabs like the safari and etrac are slower, but the Xterra series is every bit as fast as any machine, except Tesoros.