Thread: Tips for use of Whites MXT please

Tips for use of Whites MXT please

Hey everyone, I'm new to the hobby, I got a Whites MXT this past summer. I am really enjoying it, have found clad and an some wheats, and an Indian Head.
    I feel like over all, I'm a little overwhelmed by the machine. I get crazy readings bouncing all around, and sometimes have a hard time pinpointing.
    I have a few questions, any suggestions on settings for gain and elimination settings?
    Are the areas I'm searching really trashy or is this pretty normal?
    I have read about different coils, would you all suggest a DD coil for trashy areas? Any brands/models suggested?
    Thanks so much for all your time and input. I have a blast reading about all of your finds!
    ~Dan from PA
    Last edited by dzdilla; 01-08-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Dan , we have a couple of very good mxt users and i hope they will chime in soon , I know they do very well with them seen it first hand .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I used my MXT for five years before I bought my V3i and I've been using that since. The MXT is a super nice detector and you'll be surprised at just how deep that detector can find coins, great relic machine, I found a lot of gold rings and jewelry with mine too, sometimes I ponder on the idea of starting to use it again but the V3i has me spoiled because of the fantastic discrimination that I get from it. I used the D2 coil for the non trashy areas with my MXT, the 6x10 in the woods and the 4x6 in the really trashy areas.

Founds this thread in the Whites section of the Forum here. Review it and see if there is some help there.

http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...?30-Whites-MXT
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Thanks for the input everyone! I appreciate it!