Thread: Returning To Owner

Returning To Owner

A couple of weeks ago I stopped at a thrift store to see if I could find an old clock or picture frame or something I could turn into a shadowbox to display some of my MD finds. I actually found a shadowbox and it had a display still in it from a baby's birth in 1982. An infant jumper, footprint card, baby's photo, etc., and a card with mom's name, baby's name, nurse and doctor's name. I thought it odd that this ended up in a thrift shop and figured someone might want it back.

I had an investigator friend track the baby down and get a phone number. The"baby' was thrilled to find out I had these mementos - his mom had made the shadowbox and gave it to him years ago. A girlfriend got mad at him and threw out his stuff three years ago and that went with it. He thought it was gone forever. I'll get it to him soon.

How'd it get to the thrift store three years later? Who knows. But in a roundabout way metal detecting is able to find and return another item to its owner.
    Last edited by Skamaniac; 01-12-2015 at 02:41 AM.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

thats a great story Skamaniac and a very inspiring thing to do for a total stranger .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Way to go !! Thanks for sharing this story with us. You're doing both the right thing and a great thing !

Guess no one wanted to do the dirty work finding the person except you. I'd make a comment about the gf but I'm not here to troll. Good story tho.

Good Karma for you!!!
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Awesome return, and good karma sure to follow.

Good for you, pal. Happiness all around. Now that's what I'm talking about!!!
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00