Thread: safari coming

safari coming

Hey guys got a safari on the way, what can I expect. Leaving the AT Pro

IMHO you got one of the best. I'd guess you have a very different language to learn...but you'll be happy when you learn it. Best of luck!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Yeah a very different language. There are a lot of people that say that the safari is not very good. But they are comparing it to the etrac when saying that. Not a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by fireman109 View Post
    Yeah a very different language. There are a lot of people that say that the safari is not very good. But they are comparing it to the etrac when saying that. Not a fair comparison.
    I agree, it's not a very fair comparison They're two different machines.
    Like our very own Lowjiber likes to say.... It's not the wand, it's the wizard.
    Once you get a chance to get out and spend some time with the new machine you'll pick up on it.
    GL & HH
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

My hunting buddy swings a Safari and does awesome. I swing the Etrak and VX3 and I never feel as though I have him out gunned. Good luck with the new machine.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    IMHO you got one of the best. I'd guess you have a very different language to learn...but you'll be happy when you learn it. Best of luck!
    Exactly what Drew said! I havent missed my ATP one bit since I got my Safari. Take your time with it. The tones are completely different than an ATP. And theres alot more info within them. Wait till you see the build quality of the Safari. Its awesome.
    Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero & Silver uMax.

Candidate Member
    a 3yr Safari owner here, if you are patient & take time to learn it you will not regret buying the Safari. You need to learn to dig those iffy signals. On those deep iffy signals you have to listen to the sounds & don't worry about the ID. I will never part with my Safari it's an awesome MDer when you get the hang of it. It will go deep. I run mine in All Metal mode 99% of the time. Good Luck
    Last edited by MetalMiner; 02-04-2015 at 08:44 AM.

How does yours do in all metal??
    Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro Pointer

Candidate Member
    I like AM mode because I can hear those good targets that are close to iron, I don't like it nulling out, just my preference. I may notch out -10 if the iron is too bad, but most times I don't have to.

Give us an update. How's the Safari working out for you 18 months down the road?

I love mine, it's got to be the best turn on and go machine out there.