Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back!!!!!! and here's my 2014 Finds.

I'm back!!!!!! and here's my 2014 Finds.

2014 was my fifth year of detecting and my goal was to continue to get a nice variety of finds and not just chase silver. I was pretty happy with my year........I ended up with my first belt plate (circa 1820-1835) I also ended up with 5 gold rings (only two are pictured as the other three were small) I saved 41 Coppers this year and my favorites are a beautiful Woods Hibernia, a Mass Copper, Nova Constellatio, and a nice 1804 Half Cent. I also managed to pull 151 silvers this year some of the best were an 1831 Capped Half Dime and two half reales. I also managed 80 Indian Heads and a handful of Buffalo and V Nickels as well as buttons, odds and ends and several pieces of silver. Hopefully everyone has a great 2015........Thanks for looking and enjoy. Sorry about the long hiatus (I was having trouble posting through my phone) I hope everyone is well and I'm going to make a better effort to be much more active this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    2015 YTD $4.96 Silvers (16) Buff (3) V Nickel (4) IH (4) Gold (1) Minelab Safari and ProFind

Good to see ya back Scott!!

And what a way to make a appearance!

You make some great finds this year! And not just coin finds. I see a old dog tax, I love finding those.
    Nice array of goodies!
    Congrats!

Lookin' forward to seein' what you come up with in the new year.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Great to see a post from you, Scott!

And WOW! What a year you had!

So many incredible coins and relics! Terrific coppers, early silver, nice gold including an old 18K ring, and some great relics!

Congrats on the mind blowing year!

We hope to see many more posts from you in 2015!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thanks I'll..........I'm much happier getting a wider variety of items now then just a big pile of silvers. Hopefully 2015 will bring more of the same. I've been off to a good start so far.
    2015 YTD $4.96 Silvers (16) Buff (3) V Nickel (4) IH (4) Gold (1) Minelab Safari and ProFind

Thanks Tony..........I'm glad to be back. I certainly look forward to being here more.

Now that is what I call a great year! glad to see you posting again looking forward to more!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

I don't recall any Scotts around here...you're not the guy that likes to go for swims in rivers are you?
    Another great year....you know I've dubbed you "The Vacuum?" No mention of your RR tags? Was that this year?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

WOW, what a great collection of coins and relics. Really looking forward to your 2015 finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I don't recall any Scotts around here...you're not the guy that likes to go for swims in rivers are you?
    Another great year....you know I've dubbed you "The Vacuum?" No mention of your RR tags? Was that this year?
    Rivers? I know nothing about this lol. Drew the year of the RR tags was last year although I have picked up a few more. I think this was the year of the IH cents.

WOW great year Scott some of them coins and relics are still on my want list , I hope this year goes just as well for you and also I hope to get out and detect with you a bit more this year. Congrats .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wow what a great year I can tell your Safari has been good to you. Congrats
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

You had an awesome year! I love those early silvers. I bet this year is going to be even better
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    WOW great year Scott some of them coins and relics are still on my want list , I hope this year goes just as well for you and also I hope to get out and detect with you a bit more this year. Congrats .

Dan
    Thanks Dan........it's been while since we've hunted hopefully we can get out soon.

Funtastic year that you had

WHAT A YEAR !!!!! Thanks for sharing.

spectacular year! I am really loving that eagle plate.High on my wish list!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Dang SafariScott you wouldn't brag would you , man nice finds and is that a buckle with the eagle cant really see do to not wearing my glasses. Only kidding about the bragging part nice really nice..........vanzutphen

Love the early plate, and all the silvers and the coppers! The nova constellatio is awesome! Wtg!
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"

Sounds like more than a great year, more like a decade for many!

Awesome year! Looks like some of the silvers were in a fire. Any story there?