Thread: Finds of a Lifetime

Finds of a Lifetime

Saw this on a California dedicated detecting site and on a couple of others and thought the members here would enjoy see it. It is pretty amazing!!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=scCXcdEgOzo
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

All he could say is "holy cow"? I think my video would've been all bleeped out if I found a spill like either one of those.
    That was fun to watch! Thanks for sharing that with us Ron!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

I saw this yesterday and sent it to DaddyDigger. (He had already seen it.) It's hard to imagine a hunt better than that, at least here in the states. I would have stroked out!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I would have been shaking so hard I wouldn't be able to continue after that first coin...then to find GOLD COINS!!!! WOW!!!!

That was AMAZING! Thanks for posting!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    All he could say is "holy cow"? I think my video would've been all bleeped out if I found a spill like either one of those.
    That was fun to watch! Thanks for sharing that with us Ron!
    I know!!! Those guys were very reserved! There would have been much more colorful speech if I were involved.
    The guy that does most of the talking got skunked!? How sad is that!?
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 01-18-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

ive just wet me self

I watched it on Dig Fellas Fans on facebook right after it was posted, definitely a cache find of a lifetime :D

Idk Drew, maybe the one with the 6 halves gave him one as a consolation prize for filming?
    I was thinking why didn't they mark the spot on the gps and come back there when it's daylight and try and find more the next day? For some reason I noticed the dirt was all tilled and quite soft. I've never found a coin older than 1950 in dirt like that. Wondering if the story behind it might be a coin purse fell off a stage coach or out of someone's pocket while riding their horse and never recovered. Or something similar. Too small of a cache for being a bank bag that was dropped. If someone was shot there, their belonging would have been stolen. I am not certain what cointainer people used when burying their belongings while traveling out west.

Great video, Ron. How come you and I never did that well?
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Great video, Ron. How come you and I never did that well?
    We were to busy on the beach looking at girls! Oops, I mean looking for lost rings!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    Idk Drew, maybe the one with the 6 halves gave him one as a consolation prize for filming?
    I was thinking why didn't they mark the spot on the gps and come back there when it's daylight and try and find more the next day? For some reason I noticed the dirt was all tilled and quite soft. I've never found a coin older than 1950 in dirt like that. Wondering if the story behind it might be a coin purse fell off a stage coach or out of someone's pocket while riding their horse and never recovered. Or something similar. Too small of a cache for being a bank bag that was dropped. If someone was shot there, their belonging would have been stolen. I am not certain what cointainer people used when burying their belongings while traveling out west.
    On some of the other sites where this is posted Ron, Mark & Andrew explain more about the events leading up to the hunt and how it went down. They do (or did) plan to go back and have other locations in the general area to hit. Ron was speculating something like a torn saddlebag or a rider getting bucked off his horse. Who knows, but it sure fun to imagine!!

I'm speechless, really I've got nothing to say but the smile on my mug is huge. Congrats to the finders of those coins and a big thanks for renewing my faith that finds like this are still out there.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

A nice hope lifter. Thanks for sharing the link. I wonder it maybe it fell out of an airplane?
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Wow!wow!wow!
    It really is a Thriller to see! And keeps the Candle Burning that kind of "Greeeaat Stuff" is still out there!! Makes me want to go out and break frozen ground!!
    A Stunner!!
    Detectors & Equipment:
    DFX, 950, Eclipse 5.3, DD Shooter 4x6, DD1400, Super 12, DX-1
    Prism IV , 950, BigFoot Coil, 120& 140 PP
    CZ-70 Pro, Lesche Digger and SS Water Scoop

The same guy posted back on another forum. He just found another $20 gold coin...