Thread: Finally, something older than me!

Finally, something older than me!

Since it looks like my only find here on the ranch will be post 1971, I ventured into the nearby town of Hawkins.
    Did some askin' around and wound up at the park near downtown. Found a lot of clad, but also go some interesting items. I don't know what the oblong thing is, but it has a little bit of fabric pinched into it's groove on the side.

I remember the little chicken from my kids toys. It is for stamping out animals of modeling clay. The large medallion is from a truckers winch line and is still available today. (got me excited with a 87-88 reading)

But the neat thing was the aluminum token and the shotgun shell base. The token from the "Great Depression" era reads "Consumer Tax Token Oklahoma" and on the other side is "For Old Age Assistance". It was pretty much oxidized over. The shell base reads "U.M.C. Co. New Club" "No. 10". I found out that it was a paper shell and was discontinued in 1911. Wow! Finally a find older than me! It was 75 degrees that day and I only spent an hour there, so when the weather gets back to normal I will be back. (sorry some of the pics got rotated) Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Very cool! I'm glad you got out and got a few good hits. I like that token. I haven't been out for a while now due to rain and and job hunting (got a layoff notice). Keep on swinging!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Congrats on some pretty cool finds.
    I love those old tax tokens, great find !!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

I love to see those tax tokens posted. on getting something older that yourself and now that you know the age of the headstamp I'd be hitting that park real good.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I like the tax token too. Dug one just like it last summer. That one is Aluminum, but with the zinc ones you need to coat them with hair spray or poly because they oxidize and the details disappear within a few hours of being dug up.

Great hunt! Those shotgun head stamps are pretty neat. Congrats on the tax token.

HH & GL, Dan
    Minelab Etrac, BH 202.
    2015 silvers 32
    2015, $71.80, 12 Merc's, 11 Rosies, 2 Walkers, 3 Washingtons, 4 war nickels, 2 buffs, 30 wheats....

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Now the next step.....something twice as old as you! Nice scoff and dig man dig!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!