Thread: The Era Of The Vision/V3/V3i/V3x

The Era Of The Vision/V3/V3i/V3x

I sat in my office last night, and looked at the Metal Detectors hanging on the wall. My current collection consist of A Minelab E-Trac, White's V3, and last but not least a JeTco GTX Huntmaster. The later was a gift from a good Customer of mine. He thought I might be interested in it. He bought it at a Farm auction for 5 Dollars. I did a little repair work on it, and got it to run, and actually found a few coins at the nearby grade school. I have often thought how fun it would be to collect other old Metal detectors. They fascinate me just as do the latest greatest digital colorized wonders that are available for purchase in today's market. Metal Detectors, and their new break through technology eventually grow old though. What is that saying? How does it go? "Every dog has his day", or something like that. Now, somehow my V3 now looks old, and as out of place as that Jetco that hangs beside it. God... how I loved my Whites V3. The power, and mystery of thousands of possible combinations of adjustments this machine offered. The new finds in old hunted out areas that came with it just made it a very exciting detector. I had a lot of fun with this machine, and I am looking forward to the next coin machine to be released from Whites. Seems like it should be about time. Actually it seems like it is way past that time. My E-Trac keeps me happy these days, but I still find myself scanning the various forums, looking for any hint of a new detector technology from Whites. I recently saw rumors start about a "Whites V4" that had VLF, and PI technology built into it. Wouldn't that be fun. Well, that's what Winter time on the forums is about I guess. Things are still frozen outside, and at least few months away from being diggable. We all dream of those fantastic finds, and virgin hunt areas, and that unreal deep dig that produces treasure, and along with these dreams there are many of us that relish that post that will finally break the news that White's has come out with another incredible detector.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    Last edited by CyberSage; 02-04-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Here is an interesting page! http://www.detectorprospector.com/fo...etal-detector/
    I've seen rumors the V4 may just be a software upgrade as well.

Great link! Hmmmm?

Hybrid Induction Balance/Pulse Induction Metal Detector (half sine technology.)

A new hybrid metal detector combines induction balance and pulse induction technologies. Target signals are generated from a transmitted wave that has both induction balance and pulse current inducing characteristics and uses pertinent sampling of the receive data. Combining the two data sources provides eddy current target identification while excluding ground permeability and remanence obscuration.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer